Kisco Senior Living, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kisco Senior Living, LLC
Luxury Independent Living Senior Community looking for a talented and creative Executive Chef to join our team.
The Executive Chef is an integral part of our heart of house, working side by side with the culinarians to ensure the highest quality of seasonally prepared meals is served daily through various venues while maintaining excellent sanitation and cleanliness
What will I do every day?
•Instruct and educate culinary associates in diverse cuisines and new cooking equipment
•In collaboration with the Dining Director, create exciting seasonal menu
•Mentor and grow dining associates
•Perform daily quality assurance testing on raw goods, plated foods and prepared meals
•As well as perform other related duties as required
What will I need to be successful in this role?
•A passion for excellence
•Be a progressive and creative thinker
•Have a culinary certification OR a minimum of five years professional culinary experience in quantity food production, menu writing and kitchen management
Special Requirements/Certifications I may need?
•A current Food Handler’s Certificate is required
What’s in it for me? (Great Question!)
- You will also receive competitive pay and an outstanding total rewards package!
- Matching 401k (Full-time only)
- Outstanding Healthcare benefits (Full-time only)
- You will be part of a focused and committed team
We are looking for genuine, motivated, and caring people to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
To supervise the preparation of food for the entire community with emphasis on the dining room, catering, room service, private parties and recreational functions. To satisfy every aspect concerning the taste, dietary habits and restrictions of the residents. Supervise the production, presentation and cost of food, create a balanced rotating menu.
- Action Oriented – Enjoying working hard and having energy for the job; seize opportunities
- Caring – Interested in the lives of others; available to listen and ask about the concerns and needs of others
- Customer Focus – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; act with the customer in mind
- Functional/Technical Skills – Having the skills and abilities to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Informing – Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and feel good about being a member of the team
- Integrity and Trust – Seen as a direct, truthful individual; keep confidences; admit mistakes
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility and monitors process, progress, and results
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best
- Organizing – Uses resources effectively and efficiently (people, funding, material, support)
- Problem Solving – Uses logic and creativity to solve difficult problems and find effective solutions
Responsibility Level: General instruction and/or functional guidance are provided on many, but not all tasks to be performed and the results of individual projects will generally be reviewed upon completion. The associate is expected to respond to questions from residents and their family members, troubleshooting and resolving issues utilizing their own discretion and judgment with input from the Director of Food and Beverage or Executive Director. On certain occasions, the associate will fill in for associates and assist in completing or complete their normally scheduled work assignments. Occasionally, the associate will work with other managers or supervisors to resolve community issues.
Education/ Experience/ Training:
College degree or some college preferred. Culinary certification or a minimum of five years professional culinary experience in quantity food production, menu writing and kitchen management highly preferred. Should have extensive experience in traditional cuisine. Experience in purchasing all types of food items. Able to read, speak, write and follow verbal and written instructions in English. Must possess strong communication skills.
Special Requirements/Certifications: Must possess manager’s Food Handler’s Certificate where required.