Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mental Health Therapist
LifeStream Behavioral Center is an OFCCP compliant organization. If you'd like more information, please visit the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program’s (OFCCP) EEO is the Law poster.
Mental Health Therapist
|Department:||025 - Crossroads II - ASA|
|Location:||Citrus County, FL|
JOB SUMMARY: The employee in this position is responsible for providing trauma informed, co-occurring capable direct treatment services in the form of group, individual, family and psychoeducational counseling to consumers in Crossroads II, Substance Abuse Outpatient Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification with or without an accommodation. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- The ability to comply with the regulations requiring a workplace of dignity and respect and equal employment opportunity compliance.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to accept constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
- Willingness to abide by the company’s published rules and regulations
- Conduct biopsychosocial assessment, group counseling, individual counseling and psychoeducation using evidence-based and best practice methods.
- Provide psychoeducation topics commensurate with current knowledge and science in the substance abuse field.
- Conduct family, consumer-group and aftercare group sessions
- Assist in networking resources and referral services for consumers
- Maintain open communication and respect with referral sources
- Collaborate Crossroads II services with internal and external service providers
- Maintain, within ethical boundaries, a respectful and productive relationship with consumers.
- Participate in the development and delivery of specific, measurable, active, realistic, and time related treatment plans with consumers motivating the interventions necessary to meet each goal and objective.
- Document progress or lack of progress toward fulfillment of treatment plan goals.
- Maintain center records in accordance with stated policies and procedures.
- Participate in staff meetings and form records review functions as necessary.
- Maintain consistency and accountability in consumer/contract reporting requirements.
- Perform such duties, responsibilities, and special projects as may be assigned from time to time by Supervisor or administration.
- Maintain current all- staff development requirements for this position.
COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation (KSAM) required for an employee to be successful.
- Serving Our Consumers: Effectively meeting consumer needs, building productive consumer relationships, and taking responsibility for consumer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Consumer Focus: Building strong consumer relationships and delivering consumer-centric solutions.
- Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Age Specific: N/A
- Basic Job Readiness: Courtesy, Flexibility, Reliability, Responsiveness
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, Interpersonal Skills, Self-Management, and Thinking Skills
- Organizational/Management: Self-motivated, able to meet timelines, able to make difficult decisions for the good of the program, CQI conscious, displays effective time management and workload management, team oriented, emphasizes safety
- Performance Specific: Crisis Management, Customer Focus
- Effective Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Continuous Improvement: The ongoing process of achieving positive changes in service and processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Expertise: Demonstrating proficiency of an employee's skill or knowledge within their field of practice.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
KNOWLEDGE AND JOB SKILLS: The licensed Crosssroads II therapist shall have a working knowledge of chemical dependency that includes familiarity with applied counseling disciplines, the AA/NA 12-step philosophy and recovery and resiliency assistance. The therapist must also be familiar with the physical and emotional characteristics associated with the chemical dependency and co-occurring mental health disorders.
PERSONAL QUALITIES: Excellent communication skills. Sensitivity to the needs of others. Initiative, accuracy and dependability are important. Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
SPECIAL FACTORS: Must be able to produce a volume of work error free. Must be able to meet deadlines. Ability to withstand high levels of stress. Ability to work at a fast pace under high degree of pressure from time and space constraints. Must be able to utilize critical and analytical thinking. Demonstrates a cooperative attitude to problem solving and conflict resolution with all levels of staff and in all interactions with families and outside professionals.
JUDGMENT/DECISION MAKING: Utilizes established corporate policies and procedures in making decisions. Uses sound judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Graduation from a licensed and approved college or university holding a Master’s degree in a Human Services field. Licensed in Florida as LMHC, LMFT or LCSW or license eligible.
- Experience: Must have two years experience in the substance abuse field. If recovering, must have at least one year of sobriety.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Completes all requirements according to Individual Training Plan within the first six months of hire and annually. Other training and/or professional development may be assigned due to evolution of programs.