Lowe's Home Improvement
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lowe's Home Improvement
Purpose of Role
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products customers need. As a Customer Service Associate – Front End, this means:
- Delivering a checkout experience that is quick, professional, and friendly.
- Ensuring merchandise is accurately accounted, scanned, and meets the needs of customers.
- Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe's customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits and credit programs, application, and warranty information related to Lowe’s programs.
- Uses a cash register to process sales transactions, returns, and refunds according to company guidelines.
- Removes security tags, verifies product information, and bags merchandise for customers.
- Answers incoming phone calls and directs calls or takes messages as needed.
- Takes action to open additional registers to accommodate high customer volume
- Prepares register area at the beginning and end of shift by confirming functionality of registers and scanners and stocking register supplies.
- Stocks coolers, shelves, areas around the cashier with merchandising.
- Inspects returned merchandise for damages.
- Assists with Pick Up In Store customer experience by picking and staging merchandise on time.
- Enters and submits customer orders, prints order tickets, verifies receipts, places online orders and returned merchandise in the appropriate areas, and signs off on loading tickets.
- Looks up product information and competitor prices for products to verify price match.
- Monitors merchandise entering and leaving the store entrances and exits and assists customers or associates who trigger the alarm.
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one’s regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- Associates supporting the Admin office create, manage, and update reports (Accounts Receivable Payment Detail Retrieval, Expense Payables Invoice Advisory, Outstanding Return Checks, and Temporary Accounts).
- Associates may process customer credit card payments and applications, mail invoices, and investigate and resolve credit disputes with customers.
- 6 months experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
- 6 months experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, LRT gun, palm pilot, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information.
- 6 months experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
- 6 months retail experience.
- 6 months experience as a cashier.
Employment Type I
Line of Business
LWS_USA_Market - 0869
Employment Type II
Job Posting Title
Port St Lucie, FL (St Lucie West)
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
701 Nw St Lucie Blvd
Port St Lucie