Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
National Sales Director, Woman’s Health, East
at Lupin Pharmaceuticals
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Lupin is comprised of a fast growing, innovative and robust team of manufacturing, Research and Development and commercial divisions. Together these entities make up the generic and branded U.S. business. Lupin has a significant generic pipeline, and a branded focus on women’s health. Our first Research and Development facility in the US is located in Coral Springs, Florida which focuses on generic and branded orally inhaled and nasal drug products. Somerset, New Jersey is home to one of twelve commercial manufacturing sites globally and the only commercial manufacturing facility in the United States for Lupin, as well as additional Research and Development teams. Lupin is prided on being people-focused and centered around how impactful we are with our customers. Dollars are not a measure of success but rather the people we help along the way.
The purpose of this role is to lead people, and deliver sales results of all Lupin branded products to the assigned geographic and account base within territory and scope, maximizing sales and profitability.
A fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial role that is responsible for leading, planning and directing the strategy and implementation of the national sales plan in line with the organizational objectives. As the head of the regional sales organization, the incumbent is responsible for all aspects of leading and developing his/her reports and for the organization’s overall successful sales performance
The successful candidate will be a key commercial leader in the Sales & Marketing organization and will be expected to play a critical role in driving the growth of the business. This role will collaborate closely with the Vice President in the development and implementation of the national sales plan—defining key business opportunities, pulling through contract access and expanding the Specialty Pharma portfolio in key accounts, for attracting and motivating high performing sales talent, and for ensuring strong customer relationship orientation of the field organization—creating a strong link between the market and Headquarter stakeholders.
- Build and retain a highly effective team; bring strong leadership with clear communication, transparent expectations and clear accountabilities; be a coach and mentor to the team.
- Executes business strategies and tactics to achieve defined performance objectives.
- Executes strategies and tactics in close collaboration with National Accounts, Commercial Operations / Production and Marketing colleagues through effective analysis of available data, conducting account analysis and considering market information and trends.
- Is accountable for execution of best-in-class account management competencies, establishing and executing performance metrics for his/her sales team, and for the achievement of those metrics.
- Continuously monitors field activities and regularly visits and works with direct reports or other team members, helping to ensure goals and objectives will be met in a customer-focused, sustainable and scalable manner.
- Motivates teams to excel by leveraging personal strengths and coaching, helping to leverage areas of strength and improving in areas for development.
- Deploys training, tools, data, and other resources to support his/her group in achieving and maintaining optimal performance levels.
- Drives the knowledge level of the organization with regards to competitive activity, market insights and industry trends.
- Design, implement and monitor sales strategy and relationship activity within responsible account base.
- Conduct account specific planning for customers and key accounts and oversee development/implementation of account engagement plans as well as new product launch strategies.
- Closely monitor competitive activity to create and maximize sales opportunities.
- Lead and monitor sales teams around sales strategy and achievement through regular reviews.
- Work closely with marketing, finance and market access functions to support achievement of sales targets by team.
- Positively represent Lupin at customer functions including trade shows, management meetings, and corporate visits.
- Proactively engage with key customers and external stakeholders to cultivate relationships.
- Manage team in terms of goal setting, delivery, performance, development, and engagement.
Scope and Size
- Direct reports: 7-8; Indirect reports: >50
- Geographic coverage: US
- Sales objective
- Net revenue achievement
- Productivity metrics (calls per day, reach and frequency, calls to targeted customers, number of prescriptions)
- Successful launch of new products
- Team’s professional development and engagement
Operating network / stakeholder network
- Internal: Commercial Strategy and Marketing, Managed markets, Brand Sales Training, Finance, Compliance, HR
- External: Doctors, Payers, Hospitals, vendors, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- Ten years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical pricing model
- Documented sales success and strong business acumen
- Proven results orientation, multi-tasking and prioritization skills, especially with high pressure deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) - ability to cogently and tersely explain complex concepts and make them seem simple, and negotiate effectively
- Ability to be a self-starter and operate with minimal supervision, driven, can-do attitude, and strong work ethic
- Ability to think critically, analyze various options quickly and advise clients with solutions-oriented, entrepreneurial approach, including the ability to think of novel, unconventional or creative solutions and explore them with clients
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, contribute towards the creation of a solution to a complex business problem and deliver those results on budget and on time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work is performed remotely and in various office settings as this position will require frequent travel.