Martin Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant (MA)/Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - 073260 - St. Lucie Family Care
at Martin Health System
073260 - St. Lucie Family Care
I. Basic Purpose:
Assists professional medical staff personnel in providing clinical and administrative duties for the MediCenters or physician offices. Assists with diagnostic and treatment procedures. Performs all duties under direction of Physician /Registered Nurse. Administers medication under the direction of Physician.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Assists in the care of patients as directed.
4. Observes proper techniques, including universal precautions in the performance of duties.
5. Inspects patients' records to insure completeness. Checks patients into room obtain and record history, vital signs, temperature, blood pressure, height, weight, growth curves, as applicable. Prepare and drape patient.
6. Assists physician and/or nursing personnel during treatment or minor surgical procedures, when cleaning wounds, setting splints or applying dressings. Monitors patients for reactions.
7. Performs patient procedures as directed by Physician, such as bag urine, throat culture, immunizations, injections routes, eye and ear irrigation, laboratory procedures (U/A, strep screen, hemocult) label vials for lab and EKG. Monitors patient for reaction.
8. Prepares patients for radiology procedures, dispose of contaminated supplies, restock supplies, linens, equipment and work area as often as required. Checks for defects, malfunctioning equipment, out-of-date materials, notify manager of same.
9. Assists in front office duties to include scheduling appointments, insurance verification and certification, handling of telephone calls, patient registration and check out, chart preparation and other routine office tasks.
10. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives quality assurance programs, safety, environmental and infection contrast standards.
11. Attends in-services and/or meetings as required. Enhances professional development through educational programs and/or classes.
12. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
13. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> Completion of an approved Medical Assistant Training Program and registration/certification required.
> Current acceptable CPR certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer OR American Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
> Must have clinical/medical experience including experience administering medications.
Must test successfully in pre-employment skills testing which may include customer service, medical terminology and medication exams. Computer experience, courteous/pleasant manner required.