Martin Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Service Representative I- MMG - 073345 - Pediatric Care Treasure Coast
at Martin Health System
073345 - Pediatric Care Treasure Coast
I. Basic Purpose:
Checks insurance coverage, contacts companies, interviews patient, types and post payments, handles scheduling of exams and testing. Ambassador for practice or center in patient relationship. Must create a sense of efficiency, caring, trust and professionalism with the patient and family.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Coordinates all scheduling of physical exams, sick visits, and drug testing, prepares and enters demographic registration data into computer system, ensures that insurance information is complete, provides information regarding payment in accordance with corporate credit and collection policies. Communicates with public to provide explanations for problems or questions and initiates appropriate action to resolve complaint.
4. Greets and receives scheduled patients, verifying the registration data as appropriate, ensures patients or guardians understand and sign necessary registration forms.
5. Coordinates patients leaving, selects and enters appropriate CPT code for patient visits into computer system, receives and posts patient payments for co-pays, deductibles, etc., totals receipts, reconciles totals when/if errors are found, prepares bank deposit, issues petty cash as approved.
6. Exhibits professional work habits such as keeping area neat and organized. Helps to provide training to all new personnel. Cross-trains in other area of department and is able to perform the responsibilities associated within this area.
7. Interface with all levels of personnel, department contacts (patients or visitors), co-workers and members of the community as a personal representative of the practice or center.
8. Attends meetings, seminars and in-service training as required and performs other duties as directed.
9. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> High school diploma or equivalent education; additional courses in business office practices preferred.
Knowledge of computer literacy and medical terminology, ability to communicate well with others in a prompt, efficient and accurate manner. Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.