Menzies Aviation plc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PBI- Transportation Manager
at Menzies Aviation plc
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor and assess all fuel delivery functions to include planning delivery by organizing truck routing and load schedules; overseeing the preparation of delivery documents for drivers; and ensuring all necessary paperwork is accurately completed.
- Direct preparation of work schedules to obtain optimum utilization of personnel and equipment while adhering to DOT regulations and laws.
- Develop and manage the Fuels Logistics team to ensure an efficient and timely supply to our customer. Regularly interact with customers to promote fuel delivery services and to measure the level of customer satisfaction.
- Plan, organize and execute logistics support activities such as maintenance planning and repair analysis.
- Act as the liaison between customers, operations management and suppliers; providing management reports and updates, proposals and solutions for new and ongoing transportation issues.
- Directly involved in budget compliance and preparation.
- Investigates causes of incidents/accidents and recommends safety measures for preventing further occurrences.
- Assist Director, Fueling Operations and support personnel as required.
- Directly supervises drivers and administrative employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include conducting annual employee evaluations, planning, assigning, and directing work, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Computer literate
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or equivalent related experience and/or training, or combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, FAA documentation, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and to draw and replace with probability, statistical reference and accounting functions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements preferred,
- TWIC Card.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.