Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing Communications Manager
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Marketing Communications
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
We are looking for a seasoned Integrated Marketing Communications specialist to join the Central Marketing Organization (CMO) in the Integrated Marketing Manager role.
The Central Marketing Organization (CMO) leads integrated marketing excellence in planning and execution across commercial Solution Areas, consumer business, segments including SMB and Partner, and Marketing engines to drive business outcomes for the Area. With integrated marketing excellence, events & digital marketing expertise, and data-driven insights, CMO delivers quality customer and partner experiences at scale to maximize marketing impact across our connected customer journeys in alignment with global strategies and local business priorities. CMO embraces and promotes Global Demand Center (GDC) and Global Engagement Program (GEP) alignment and drives Area marketing governance with Sales (including CDS), Solution Areas, Communications, and OCP. CMO builds clear linkage with Area priorities such as Customer Adds, Consumption, Skilling and Country. In everything we do, CMO models our Microsoft leadership values, and nurtures a diverse and inclusive team.
The Integrated Marketing Manager (IMM) role will drive the development and execution of the Integrated Marketing Plan for your focus area, implementing Global Marketing principles and augmenting global strategy and go-to-market (including Global Demand Centers (GDCs) and Global Engagement Programs (GEPs)) through integrated plans that shape audience perceptions and drive new lead generation and nurture and consumption. The role will operate as the local subject matter expert for the GEPs (where available) aligned to the portfolio you support. You will understand and support the implementation of the global content strategy and centralized demand generation plans, augmenting with local insights and activities where critical. You will be the local point of contact for the Corporate demand generation team and where GEPs are available you will be responsible for landing and evangelizing the GDC marketing strategy locally, as well as providing local feedback and insights on GEP landing.
You will lead the v-team of local marketing stakeholders, solution area Product Marketing Managers (PMM), Partner Marketing Advisors (PMAs) and sales and segment teams to build the Integrated Marketing Plan. You will partner with CMO Shared Services in Events, Digital and Data Insights to align local executions across all marketing channels and ensure all activities are set up properly in our tools and systems to enable tracking, reporting and local optimization.
The Integrated Marketing Manager role requires an understanding of the sales organization’s priorities and key focus areas as well as a professional passion for modern marketing techniques and principles. You are a strong performance marketer who understands the complex nature of buying decision in B2B environments and has insights into key personas of the target audience. As part of the CMO team, the Integrated Marketing Manager embraces the company’s Marketing principles, is a local Microsoft Brand Steward, and drives ongoing improvements in maximizing local marketing spend and driving marketing efficiency, marketing impact, and scale.
Azure/Microsoft 365/Biz Apps:
With depth of knowledge on your product/solution area, you will develop the Integrated Marketing plan that supports the growth, usage and consumption revenue objectives for your Solution Area and ensure positioning and messaging for your Solution Area that it is clear, distinctive & differentiated to the audience – IT Pro, BDM & End User.
- You will champion how we successfully engage the Business Decision Maker (BDM) audience at scale through Industry relevant narratives and marketing programs designed to support prioritized verticals in your Area. As an Industry go-to-market expert, you will need to ensure marketing execution is optimized to achieve local business goals and inspire our customers to significantly advance in their Digital Transformation journey.
- With deep knowledge of the Consumer and SMB audience as well as a strong understanding of consumer sales cycles, motions and goals, you will work hand-in-hand with the Category and Channel Marketing teams to deliver connected sales and marketing plans including integrated Channel partners offers where appropriate
- You will champion Microsoft’s mission to empower every student by supporting education future-ready skills focus across the spectrum of our audience engagements, from high level conversations on skills/employability with leaders, to getting students excited about computer science, and empowering students to graduate with industry recognized skills.
Deliver marketing impact against key business goal by acquiring and nurturing leads and supporting consumption
- Develop and execute the integrated marketing plan for your focus area in conjunction with BG, Comms/PR, Sales, OCP, Services
- Align all activity to deliver against the local business objectives for your focus area.
- Understand the audience, market and competitive landscape to deliver differentiated programs by scenario.
- Leverage and localize global programs, positioning, messaging and content. Provide local feedback and insights on GEP landing to corporate marketing stakeholders.
- Continually optimize performance across the marketing mix and deliver insights and opportunities to Sales, BG, OCP and Services.
- Where there is no Localization Reviewer, coordinate content reviews and approvals with local stakeholders to maximize local relevancy. Oversee local content production when necessary to augment the global content.
Drive connections across key stakeholders to increase impact
- Partner closely with CMO Shared Services (Experiential Marketing, Digital Marketing, Analytics) to land execution across our paid, earned and owned channels.
- Work with OCP to align marketing activities and incorporate relevant partner solutions into the plans.
- Ongoing engagement with Sales to create and surface opportunities and support Sales objectives
- For Multi-sub Areas (MSAs), drive alignment with the marketing teams in the subsidiaries within the area.
Align to global processes and compliance
- Align local marketing activities to modern marketing platforms and processes. Leverage global best practices.
- Ensure relevant marketing executions are properly set up in systems and tools for tracking reporting.
- 100% budget utilization - Effective and accurate forecasting and spend of marketing budgets
- Work closely with the Marketing Service Desk (MSD) and Marketing Service Centers (MSC) for marketing execution support.
- As part of the CMO team, lead Microsoft brand stewardship, ensure GDPR compliance and adhere to Microsoft Accessibility Standards and Diversity and Inclusion principles in all executions.
- 5+ years of proven digital marketing experience, preferably in technology marketing, with strong marketing operations background. Experience in working at a large global multinational a plus.
- Connected sales and marketing experience. Strong understanding of sales priorities and motivations and ability to advocate for marketing in conversations with sales organizations to ensure optimal customer experiences and success. Strong leadership presence and experience working with Sales leadership a must.
- Must be inspired by execution, particularly digital marketing, embrace Marketing Automation concepts, and be obsessed with delivering a compelling customer experience through relevant, connected customer engagement. Innate ability to navigate through a complex matrix organization and lead process changes. Marketing Shared services experience a plus.
- Strong executive maturity, presence, and track record of marketing impact and influence. Exceptional oral and written communications skills; proven cross-group collaboration and enduring partnerships. Strong analytical capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent work experience required. MBA degree preferred but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.