Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing Communications Manager Mgmt
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Marketing Communications
- Employment type
- Role type
- People Manager
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
We are looking for a seasoned Integrated Marketing Lead (IML) to join the Central Marketing Organization (CMO) in a key leadership role responsible for integrated marketing working with the key discipline teams within CMO and across the business with the Business Groups (BGs), Communications/PR, Partner Organization (OCP), and Segments/Sales.
The Central Marketing Organization (CMO) leads integrated marketing excellence in planning and execution across commercial Solution Areas, consumer business, segments including SMB and Partner, and Marketing engines to drive business outcomes for the Area. With integrated marketing excellence, events & digital marketing expertise, and data-driven insights, CMO delivers quality customer and partner experiences at scale to maximize marketing impact across our connected customer journeys in alignment with global strategies and local business priorities. CMO embraces and promotes Global Demand Center (GDC) and Global Engagement Program (GEP) alignment and drives Area marketing governance with Sales (including CDS), Solution Areas, Communications, and OCP. CMO builds clear linkage with Area priorities such as Customer Adds, Consumption, Skilling and Country. In everything we do, CMO models our Microsoft leadership values, and nurtures a diverse and inclusive team.
The Integrated Marketing Lead (IML) manages and leads a group of integrated marketing managers responsible for delivering business impact by implementing and augmenting global strategy through Global Demand Centers (GDCs) and Global Engagement Programs (GEPs) to deliver integrated local marketing programs that drive demand. Your team drives marketing communications planning, execution, and optimization across the buyer journey for our Azure, Modern Workplace, Biz Apps, and Digital Transformation/Industry solutions. You lead the connection between CMO and our internal Sales teams (Enterprise and SMC) and should drive marketing execution integration and alignment with the Partner team (OCP). You drive your Area and team to smartly maximize local marketing investments by fully exploiting all global content and marketing services, and augmenting local work aligned to global strategies.
Key local marketing stakeholders include the Business Group Leaders, Communications/PR, Enterprise and SMC Sales leaders and Partner organization leaders. You also partner closely with the CMO Shared Services leads in Events, Digital and Data Insights to ensure a connected customer journey. Your professional partnership and network extends to the Marketing Organization at Microsoft Corporate Headquarters.
The ideal candidate will be a strong performance marketer and a strong advocate for marketing when working with Segments/Sales organization. You have a strong customer focus with a drive to deliver the best solutions for our customers. You must enjoy being continually challenged in a multifaceted, matrixed and constantly changing environment. This is a management leadership role that combines strong business thinking, seasoned marketing leadership with Modern Marketing experience, Digital Marketing Competency, Marketing Automation foundations, and the ability to masterfully leverage global programs in your area.
Deliver marketing impact against key business goal by acquiring and nurturing leads and supporting consumption
- Lead the development and execution of integrated marketing plan in conjunction with BG, Comms/PR, Sales, OCP, Services to deliver against the local business objective
- Ensure orchestration between all Solution Area and Segment plans and optimization across all audiences
- Leverage and localize global programs, positioning, messaging and content. Provide local feedback and insights on GEP landing t
- Corporate marketing stakeholders.
- Continually optimize performance across the marketing mix and deliver insights and opportunities to Sales, BG, OCP and Services.
Drive connections across key stakeholders to increase impact
- Own relationship and drive governance with Sales Leadership, Business Groups, PR/Communications and OCP organization.
- Partner closely with CMO Shared Services (Events Marketing, Digital Marketing, Data Insights) to land execution across our paid, earned and owned channels
- Work with OCP to align marketing activities and incorporate relevant partner solutions into the plans.
- Ongoing engagement with Sales to create and surface opportunities and support Sales objectives
- For Multi-sub Areas (MSAs), drive alignment with the marketing teams in the subsidiaries within the area
Develop, attract and export top Modern Marketing talent worldwide and embrace Microsoft values and culture.
Align to global processes and compliance
- Align local marketing activities to modern marketing platforms and processes. Leverage global best practices.
- Work closely with the Marketing Service Desk (MSD) and Marketing Service Centers (MSC) for marketing execution support.
- Ensure relevant marketing executions are properly set up in systems and tools for tracking reporting
- 100% budget utilization - Effective and accurate forecasting and spend of marketing budget
- As part of the CMO team, lead Microsoft brand stewardship, ensure GDPR compliance and adhere to Microsoft Accessibility Standards and Diversity and Inclusion principles in all executions.
- Minimum of 7+ years of Marketing management experience in technology. Experience in executing global marketing strategies and landing augmented breadth and depth efforts at a regional level that extend and scale. Preferably 4+ years’ experience in leadership and people management, and strong penchant for driving revenue outcomes. Recognized talent attractor, developer and exporter.
- Strong understanding of and appreciation for marketing automation concepts, marketing operations and integrated marketing, including strategic digital marketing. Strong analytical capabilities to measure business performance and ability to quickly make smart business tradeoffs. Connected sales and marketing experience. Strong understanding of sales priorities and motivations and ability to advocate for marketing in conversations with sales organizations to ensure optimal customer experiences and success
- Proven experience in dealing with strategic, complex issues, and challenges in a highly-matrixed organization. Experience working at a large global multinational is a positive. Strong leadership presence with sales leaders a must.
- Exhibit high-degree of professional objectivity and awareness, executive maturity and presence, strong listening skills, perspective, and sense of humor. Excellent communication and cross-collaboration skills. Exceptional skill in exerting influence and impact with executives and senior leaders in the company. Highly motivated, results-driven forward thinker who enjoys change management leadership, marketing and sales operations fundamentals. Ideal candidate will learn fast, react in real-time, and move with agility to respond to changing conditions, bringing both marketing and sales teams along on our transformational journey
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent work experience required; MBA degree preferred but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.