Mount Sinai Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Nurse Manager
at Mount Sinai Medical Center
US - Florida - Miami Beach
Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida is required.
BLS and ACLS required.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, BSN required. MSN preferred.
Three years of Nursing leadership experience.
Clinical Nursing Manager - FT, Days
We' re Expanding! Brand New Surgical Tower!
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 3,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
We are looking for a sharp, enthusiastic, professionals to become part of the energy and join our Nursing team where you will engage in our efforts to improve patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and operational effici
- Directs nursing service activities for the assigned unit. Has a 24 hour a day, seven days a week responsibility for the nursing operations within the respective unit. Ensures the highest level of clinical quality, customer service and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in and/or leads cross functional teams and is willing to make rapid and sound changes for the Medical Center to be a National and International leader in clinical outcomes.
- Plans, organizes and directs activities of the assigned unit through the management of the team leaders and charge nurses.
- Maintains budgetary/fiscal practices with provisions. Monitors budget expenses, identifies variances and reports as appropriate. Implements alternate solutions for the nursing unit to comply with budget.
- Ensures all processes and procedures provide for consistent, timely, high quality and cost effective clinical results.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving clinical care within the assigned unit towards the goal of being rated among the best in the United States. This includes but is not limited to:
a. Maintaining all appropriate licenses and accreditations
b. Timely reporting of incidents, with the appropriate review
c. Correction of issues leading up to incidents in a timely and appropriate manner
d. Monitoring of compliance through safety/other regulations established by the respective regulatory/accreditation agencies
- Provides leadership in complex and/or stressful situations, counsels staff based on factual and objective information. Ensures timely and appropriate actions for resolution.
- Actively participates in Medical Center re-organization initiatives, as required by top management. Proactively makes necessary changes to complete any departmental changes with minimal impact to patients, physicians and employees.
- Identifies staffing patterns to cover the unit's needs around the clock. Sets and monitors staff schedules in relation to patient acuity, census, technology and resources management to meet budgetary needs.
- Assesses and improves the services provided within the unit by implementing the Performance Improvement Program. Monitors and enforces the activities related to performance improvement and quality control.
- Supports the database information system. Maintains current knowledge of the system - understands data entry, maintenance and reporting.
- Establishes and maintains Medical Center safety and compliance policies.
An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
Competitive salary and savings plan with company match
A variety of health, dental and vision plans
On-site child care, tuition reimbursement, and much more!