Mount Sinai Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mount Sinai Medical Center
US - Florida - Miami Beach
Breakfast Cook - Full Time
Shift: 5 am-1:30 pm
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine.With more than 4,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 672 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 700 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
High School Diploma or GED. 1 year of cook experience.
- Consistently prepares food meeting established standards for quality and quantity
- Assures taste-test and temperature control records are filled out each meal and problems are corrected.
- Performs all duties on an independent manner with little or no supervision.
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be done, although not directly assigned.
- Follows instructions and learns from the Chef.
- Contributes own ideas to improve services within the department.
- Demonstrates initiative when preparing new recipes and assists in catering functions and special events.
- Takes accurate temperature reading of all food items on service line to ensure they adhere to established guidelines.
- Prepares garnishes for all - Rotates cycles
- Maintains tray line hot food areas in a sanitary condition, following all standard procedures.
- Cleans station, equipment, and utensils at the end of each meal according to procedures.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of safety in the work area by lifting correctly, wiping up spills, using carts to transport items and other steps to avoid accidents.
- An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary
- Savings plan with company match
- A variety of health, dental and vision plans
- Generous paid time off plans
- Tuition reimbursement, and much more!