Mueller Water Products
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Singer Valve - Regional Sales Manager - Southeast Region
at Mueller Water Products
Mueller Water Products (MWP), the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water, wastewater, and gas industries, has an opening in our OEM/Contract/Rep Sales Channel for a Regional Sales Manager in the Southeast Region sales area. This sales territory area includes Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia. This role will represent Mueller’s product lines such as Singer Valve and Hydro Guard.
This exempt-level sales position has direct territory sales responsibility in the assigned territory. Primary sales are directed toward established distributors, contractors, engineers and end users within the territory. Working under the direction of the National Sales Manager, the Regional Sales Manager is provided the opportunity to learn or expand upon his/her knowledge of the water distribution industry and sales knowledge/strategies, all while earning a competitive base salary plus commissions! Company car and full benefit offerings make for a well-rounded total package for the right individual.
Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Establishing and managing sales and expense budgets pertaining to designated territories.
- Managing a group of agents/representatives/distribution in a portion of the United States, with potentially assisting in other areas outside of the assigned territory to include international travel to Canada.
- Lending support in these markets and participates in sales/technical calls to key end uses, engineers and waterworks distributors. To do this in conjunction with our representatives and have them organize key calls and maximize efficient use of the Regional Sales Managers time while in territory.
- Training agents\representatives staff how to market and sell Singer products successfully.
- Organize and conduct training programs in the field as required with key accounts to develop the end users awareness, knowledge and commitment to Singer.
- Participating in and contributing to all factory-training sessions for representatives as well as operators and engineers.
- Review all existing representative performance, evaluate and make changes as required. To source out prospective new agents as required and make changes/additions to grow market segments and improve representatives on the merits of commission but\sell where it makes sense.
- Develop OEM accounts within market segments.
- Compile, obtain and share accurate competitive intelligence that allows Singer to be aware of competitions, list prices, contract prices, new products etc.
- Assist marketing with required field information for new marketing initiatives.
- Traveling 75% of work schedule (estimated 3-4 days/week of travel with one office day).
- Participate in relevant local\national and international trade shows and exhibitions as required that justify expense budget and return on investment and time allocation.
Key Result Areas:
- The attainment of the sales budget for the assigned territory and accounts.
- The attainment of the gross margin requirements on sales in the assigned territory.
- Maintaining and building of mutually beneficial relationships with customers.
- Managing an expense budget.
- Geographical residence in the Southeast Region area.
- Aptitude and comfort with selling technology-based sales solutions and platforms.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and other technology-based productivity tools (i-Squared, McGraw Hill (Dodge), Salesforce.com, NetSuite, OnContact, Maximizer CRM, TeamWox, etc.
- Valid driver’s license with no major violations.
- Valid passport
- Ability to routinely travel 75% of work schedule (estimated 3-4 days/week of travel with one office day).
- Ability to cover large geographical sales territory.
- Intermediate computer experience with particular proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint programs.
- High level of outgoing interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Comfortable with public speaking engagements and the ability to deliver presentations to large (30+) groups of customers and other external contacts. Have ability to stand and give presentations for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift in excess of 40 lbs. to maneuver products during demonstrations.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business, engineering, or communications-related field.
- Diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering from a Technological Institution or University with practical application experience in the water utility industry preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years outside sales experience in the water distribution industry or related field (valves, construction, piping, etc.).
Mueller encourages only those applicants with a strong match to the items listed above to apply.
Primary work hours will be Monday through Friday. Work hours will vary based on customer hours. Evening customer meetings may be required during sales travel. This position is salaried exempt and does not qualify for overtime pay.
Individuals interested in this position should apply through the Mueller Water Products’ Career Portal (https://mwpcareers.silkroad.com/). Resumes mailed, faxed, or dropped off will not be reviewed. Mueller Water Products will contact desired applicants to proceed in the hiring process. No recruiter contacts please.
MWP offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Current benefit offerings include: medical and dental insurance, 401K plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan program, short-term disability benefits, vacation, tuition reimbursement program, company-provided life insurance, long-term disability and supplement insurance at group rates, and much more.
MWP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.