Nobel Learning Communities, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Nobel Learning Communities, inc.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Lifeguards will help maintain a safe and fun environment both in and around the pool during summer camp. Positions are for the summer camp season and are part-time.
- Remain stationed at opposite ends or sides of the pool at all times.
- Follow the 5-5-5 rule of stand for 5 minutes, sit for 5 minutes, and walk for 5 minutes.
- Does not sit, stand or walk any further than 1 foot away from the pools edge at any time.
- Keep all children in the pool area within visual sight at all times.
- Lock the pool area at any time when there is no lifeguard present in the pool area.
- Supervise all children scheduled to be in the pool area for class swim times and swim lessons.
- Ensure that children are scheduled for swim lessons and are brought to and from the pool.
- Begin all lessons on time and ensure that children are given a full ½ hour semi-private lesson.
- Arrive at the pool on time to meet the camp counselor and campers when arriving to the pool area.
- Ensure that camp children are taken from the pool area by their camp counselor and are not alone.
- Check the pool chemicals daily and keep a daily record of these pool inspections.
- Check the filter traps and clear any rocks or other debris from the bottom of the pool.
- Maintain cleanliness of the pool area and remove any items and articles that are left behind by students.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one (1) year Lifeguard experience.
- Certification as a Lifeguard essential.
- CPR certification and prior lifeguard experience.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- CPO certification a plus.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills. Creates a responsive and productive working relationship with parents, children, teachers, other staff and the local community through remaining accessible and communicating clearly and concisely.
- Utilizes technology to effectively communicate with staff, parents and the administrative team.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*