Octagon Technology Staffing
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Octagon Technology Staffing
- # of Openings
- Security Engineer
Octagon Technology Staffing is in search for a Security Engineer that enjoys working as a subject matter expert in an organization that has a highly collaborative team environment. Your responsibilities will require tactical, hands-on experience managing firewalls, creating VPN and remediating audit and compliance standards as it relates to cloud infrastructures. You will ensure maximum system operability and availability by providing ongoing monitoring, escalation and reporting for critical applications, systems and environments.
Please text "hi" to Ally @ Octagon Talent at: 954-606-0797 for more information on this position or apply directly. Thanks!
- Implement and operate secure infrastructure for critical applications
- Define infrastructure requirements for the implementation of new applications and projects
- Work in collaboration with other departments or organizations to develop and analyze systems in support of their projects or mission, then upgrade or enhance the infrastructure to meet their requirements
- Provide 3rd level technical support for complex production systems and services
- Lead projects and efforts that require specialized infrastructure skills
- Work with the various project stakeholders to facilitate implementation and completion of the projects
- Proactively monitor infrastructure for optimal performance and provide input for capacity planning and fine tune infrastructure when needed
- Generate reports on state critical systems and environments
- Effectively monitor, respond, communicate, troubleshoot, and drive resolution on network, system and application outages, alarms, faults and fraud condition
- Ensure tickets and monitoring alerts are handled per pre-defined SLA's for response time, updates and closure.
- Resolve critical system issues on a 24x7 basis, including notification, coordination and dispatch of individuals from various functional groups within the organization
- Provide detailed documented histories of all incidents, including diagnostics performed and successful solutions
- Communication and notification on major site issues to the company and executive management team
- Interface with Help and Service Desk representatives, as well as other Systems, Network and Security engineers to escalate and drive resolution on advanced cases
- Participate in or lead the problem and root cause analysis
- May execute specific activities related to the improvement or performance of systems infrastructures
- Identify areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed. Maintain all relevant documentation
- Maintain relationships with 3rd party technical support engineers/teams
- Rotating off hour on-call support required
- Very limited travel may be required