Octagon Technology Staffing
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Java Engineer
at Octagon Technology Staffing
- # of Openings
- Job Location
- Java Software Developers
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Work with enterprise architects to design solutions to business problems
- Help take the technical requirements and merge them into design components that fit the overall structure of the enterprise.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle from planning to deploying.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications of industry best practices.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components with deliverables at each sprint
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review with engineering team
- Technical leadership skills to oversee development team members
- Proven working experience in Java EE development using Agile methodologies
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Experience in the Spring Framework Stack and open source Java projects
- Experience in developing web applications using Jquery, Bootstrap, Spring MVC
- Proficiency in all areas of the software stack from back end services to front end implementations
· Java EE development using Agile methodologies.Spring Framework Stack and open source Java projects
· Testing methodologies, processes and tools for testing of functionality, including unit, integration, system, and regression testing.
· Key directional trends and emerging technologies in the IT industry.
· Creating and monitoring batch jobs.
· Converting system data.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, from an accredited college or university, and seven (7) to ten (10) years work experience or, an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.