Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inspector (Entry or intermediate) - 2nd shift
at Paradigm Precision
|Title:||Inspector (Entry or intermediate) - 2nd shift|
To perform all aspects necessary that the required inspections are used in the manufacturing of Turbine Engine components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Locate the datums and other aging points on the castings, forgings and all components.
- Mark the guide lines and reference points to indicate the material to be removed manually and by machining or etching processes.
- Check all work by mechanical and electronic inspection methods on the production parts, sub-assemblies, details or components as production progresses to determine accuracy and completeness of layouts and correctness of machining or other processing.
- Able to use inspection tools and gages, such as scribes, vernier calipers, height gages, depth gages, micrometers, cylindrical plugs and thread gages, periphery or PI tapes, decimal scales, indicators, inspection fixtures, coordinate measuring machine and other automated measuring devices.
- Perform floor or machine inspection on such machines as vertical boring mills, radial drills, laser machines, water jet and lathes.
- Perform bench inspection of machined rings, spinning, forgings, castings, sub-assemblies and assemblies.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection of welds prior to fluorescent penetrant testing.
- Responsible for writing the rework procedure when the parts are non-conforming.
- Demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
The job has no supervisory responsibilities. However, the employee under the supervision of a Master Level Inspector and/or a Departmental Supervisor will assist with the training of other employees.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) year for entry or three (3) years for intermediate of related experience. Knowledgeable in the use of "V" blocks, jo-blocks, knees, planer and thread gages. Inspector- Entry or Intermediate Level based on experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees in the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical equipment, acetone, alcohol, argon, braze alloys, nitrogen, hydrogen, oil based lubricants and cleaning solutions
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moderate cold and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually middling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to pass an eye exam on an annual basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and have the ability hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop or crouch.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Acknowledgements The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor