Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Parsons Corporation
Ready to put your design skills to work on marquee infrastructure projects that will change the fabric of our community? Would you enjoy working closely with other Designers, Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design? Parsons is now hiring a Senior Designer/Drafter for our expanding portfolio of projects in Florida. Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your knowledge and developing technical skills will propel your career forward.
Our Designers at this level typically takes engineering notes, reviews specifications, understands rough sketches, etc., and formalizes them into working drawings. In this role you will develop moderately difficult to difficult working drawings from equipment specifications, engineering notes, sketches, and/or detailed drawings, ensuring that they meet company and industry standards and codes. Our Designers understand the materials and methods normally used within the assigned discipline.
- Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare engineering drawings consisting of standard arrangements, layouts, flow sheets, assemblies, isometrics, etc., from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Works closely with other Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design.
- Applies standard drafting/design principles and theories to complete assignments.
- Utilizes technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards and codes such as ANSI, PFI, and ASME.
- Ensures compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings. roadway, site, and pipeline plans.
- Reads and understands orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs and supplier/manufacturer drawings.
- Makes required changes, additions, and/or revisions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Associate's or equivalent technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/ drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred
4 plus years of relevant experience, with a preference for greater.
Proficiency with MicroStation, AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D software, and understanding of Autodesk Revit.
Ability to interpret and ensure conformance to applicable standards such as AASHTO, TAC, FDOT, and relevant roadway, highway, transit, water and sewer designs.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.