PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT SERVICES, ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facility Equipment Manager
at PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT SERVICES, ltd.
- 10-Sep-2019 to 09-Nov-2019 (CST)
- FL, USA
- Full Time
The Facility Equipment Manager is responsible for overseeing equipment maintenance and calibration, coordinating safety training, and the operability and cleanliness of the Davie, FL facility. This person also manages shipping and receiving, operations, tool/systems inventory control, and grounds maintenance. This position is located in Davie, FL and reports to the Commercial UWSH Program Manager.
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (hourly)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and maintain records, ensuring facility and equipment records are maintained in compliance with federal, state, and local standards, including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Develop equipment inspection checklists and work instructions.
- Plan daily workloads and schedules.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving.
- Supervise and maintain tool room records. Distribute and collect tools daily.
- Maintain inventory, maintenance, and repair records for all facility support equipment, diving systems and equipment, small hand tools, etc.
- Serve as primary point of contact for vendors for the following services: janitorial, HVAC, fire alarms, plumbing, equipment maintenance, and other facility services.
- Schedule and coordinate preventative maintenance, repairs, cleaning, plumbing, electrical, waste management, and building infrastructure inspection.
- Maintain an ongoing facility safety program.
- Develop training programs and classes related to occupational safety (OSHA) and best shop safety practices.
- Manage implementation of loss prevention measures and maintain inventory control by ordering parts and equipment.
- Implement facility security policy for security systems.
- Promote and encourage teamwork.
- Promote and ensure compliance with Phoenix's safety programs, quality management system (QMS), and company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure maintenance on incoming job equipment and is cleaned prior to storage
- Ensure outgoing job equipment is tested and in good working order prior to sending out to a worksite.
- Five years of experience with utilization of an industrial or inventory management and control system.
- Experience and understanding of OSHA practices and regulations.
- Previous experience with maintaining mechanical tools and systems.
- Previous experience with small engine, hydraulic systems , and basic electrical system repair.
- Ability to understand and comply with regulations or instructions concerning the use, maintenance, repair, and testing of all diving and shop equipment.
- Excellent organization and communication (written and verbal) skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office suite.
- Valid U.S. driver's license and ability to operate company vehicles.
- Significant physical effort required.
- Significant exposure to physical risk.
- Ability and willingness to travel worldwide, on short notice, for indefinite periods of time.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, physical, and background check, as required.
Phoenix International, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.