Piper Enterprise Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Piper Enterprise Solutions
Perform problem solving processes and design functions for all areas of manufacturing. Research equipment purchasing and interface with vendors. Act as liaison between design and manufacturing related departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Research, justify, select, and purchase capital equipment and/or processes.
- Learn to operate capital equipment purchased.
- Troubleshoot material and manufacturing problems.
- Optimize work sequencing and workflow through machines/work centers.
- Determine “make versus buy” decisions changing production methods to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Coordinate outsourcing of parts.
- Conceptualize tooling and fabrication designs.
- Develop and issue Manufacturing Engineering policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of latest technologies in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Provide budgeting information and project updates/status to management.
- Utilize computer aided design (CAD) for layouts and line flow.
- Coordinate implementation of approved facility changes with Manufacturing, Facilities, Production Control, Quality Assurance, and Management.
- Conduct workflow, capacity, quantitative, and throughput analyses.
- Conduct cost analysis as required.
- Prepare and maintain various charts.
- Interface with machine operators, middle and upper management, and vendors.
- Promote and apply Lean Tools (5S, Kaizen, Root Cause Analysis); monitor effectiveness.
- Participate and/or Facilitate Kaizen events and train others on how to facilitate them.
- Measure Lean implementations results.
- Execute and promote problem solving to all levels of the organization.
- Train and coach plant staff in Lean tools and implementation.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Avionics, or Manufacturing Engineering and five years’ of engineering experience, preferably in aircraft manufacturing, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer aided drafting (CAD), Unigraphics II, Microsoft Project and Office computer program literacy, and experience using calipers, micrometers, and measuring equipment are required to perform the duties of this position.