Piper Enterprise Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Systems Engineer
at Piper Enterprise Solutions
Plans, evaluates and monitors activities to develop, apply and maintain quality systems for industrial processes, materials, specifications, products, policies and procedures. Evaluate, monitor, develop and implement standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation of processes and products to meet engineering and customer requirements. Investigate, recommend and implement continuous improvements to company operations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure compliance to applicable Company, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and customer requirements through performance of product audits.
- Ensure Quality System complies with FAA regulations through performance of system audits and implementing changes to Quality Management System, through the Piper Quality Manual, as required to ensure compliance.
- Serve Quality Records custodian in accordance with Piper Document Retention Policy and Federal Regulations.
- Act as administrator for Quality Concern System to facilitate problem resolution and utilization by production personnel and member of Quality Engineering.
- Interface with other departments to formulate specification and procedural revision recommendations and implement approved policy.
- Attend various planning and/or management meetings and provide necessary input and guidance related to new projects, production scheduling, problem solving and staffing.
- Assist Lead Auditor with performance of the annual audit plan.
- Support safety.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment. Possess a working knowledge of and experience utilizing continuous process improvement strategies. Must have familiarity with manufacturing systems, aviation products and inspection processes, proficiency with Outlook, Word and Excel and sufficient experience reading blueprints and interpreting specifications.