Piper Enterprise Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Aircraft Maintenance Technician
at Piper Enterprise Solutions
Performs a wide variety of complex trouble shooting and general maintenance; millwright duties including carpentry, welding, plumbing, Machining, installing, constructing, dismantling, assembling, etc.; maintain complicated plant mechanical and structural equipment to eliminate down time and maintain an uninterrupted flow of production. Works from complicated blue prints, work orders, manufacturer’s manuals, plant lay outs, schematics, and written/verbal instructions. Installs machinery, equipment and various systems in industrial establishment uses the following tools, equipment, and materials: hand tools, ladders, material moving equipment, measuring instruments, jacks, hoists, cranes, shears, drills, presses, lubricants, solvents, fasteners, component parts and related tools, equipment, supplies, and materials. Works with little or no directions from supervisors or Lead.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receives assignments and pertinent documents.
- Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Plans and lays out sequence of operation.
- Operate material handling equipment.
- Dismantles machines.
- Moves machinery and equipment.
- Assembles and installs equipment.
- Erects staging/rig hoist.
- Constructs foundation for machines.
- Aligns machines and equipment.
- Mixes and pours concrete.
- Assembles machines as well as bolts, welds, rivets or otherwise fastens them to foundation and other structures.
- Operates engine lathe to grind, file and turn machine parts into dimensional specifications.
- Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment.
- Maintain standard plant, mechanical as well structural equipment and perform preventative maintenance as required.
- May direct and/or train lesser experienced employees.
- Initial recurrent annual training in Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.120 and 40 CFR 256.16.
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license required plus a minimum of 5 years related experience and training / equivalent combination of education and experience. FAA Airframe & Powerplant License. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations and code books. Use of judgement to plan and perform unusual work where only general methods are available and make broad decisions. Ability to effectively present information and communicate efficiently with all internal and external customers in both written and oral form. Use of mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings, charts, tables and a variety of precision measuring instruments.