Piper Enterprise Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Sheet Metal Assembler
at Piper Enterprise Solutions
Plan, lay out, repair parts and perform limited rework for close fit; any complex and intricate sheet metal assembly and installation work of products on aircraft, utilizing excellent knowledge of assembly methods and techniques, and knowledge of sheet metal properties. Use drills, routers, sanders, cherry loc guns metal shrinkers/stretchers, nibblers, files, punches, grinders, bench rollers, power shears, rivet gun, squeeze gun, screw gun, sealing gun, jigs, fixtures, templates, material moving equipment; utilizes precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, rules, and scribes in the performance of duties. Work independently or with minimal direction from Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work from and follow process specifications, work orders, travelers, station paperwork, blueprints, rework/rejection tags, schedules, Aircraft Production Orders, schematics, layout & modifications sheets, engineering orders, Piper Production Spec (PPS), Piper Material Spec (PMS), Material Review Board, and verbal/written instruction.
- Interpret document/instruction (above) to determine sequence and methods to assemble and repair sheet metal products.
- Pull parts from bin; report any shortages to Supervisor.
- Work different gauge/type of sheet metal such as stainless steel, or aluminum, according to product specifications.
- Clean components; load component parts onto jig/fixture.
- Lay out/mark dimensions, reference lines as well as hole locations on material to develop and trace patterns of product or part to tolerance mating/fits according to paperwork or written/verbal instructions.
- Drill, ream, rivet, fit, countersink, adjust, finish, and inspect part to assure specifications are met.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces.
- Properly prepare surfaces and apply sealant/adhesives per Piper Process Specifications (PPS).
- Call for inspection.
- Work off squawks.
- Maintain all necessary records, files, and reports.
- Requires the use of basic tools and various hand tools as specified by departmental tool list.
- Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to Supervisor.
- Perform housekeeping chores as department requirements dictate.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), 3 - 5 years of related experience and training / equivalent combination of education and experience.