Piper Enterprise Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Structural Test Engineer
at Piper Enterprise Solutions
Per job description
Plan and execute ground-based structural testing in accordance with engineering test plans on aircraft structures and aircraft components. Research equipment purchasing and interface with vendors. Maintain test equipment and test area in a ready-to-use condition. Job Responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Design and create CAD models and drawings for test fixtures.
- Actively supervise and/or participate in the fabrication and setup of test fixtures.
- Work with Quality/Inspection employees to determine test setup compliance with related engineering documentation.
- Program and operate test control system to conduct tests in compliance with related engineering documents.
- Work with cognizant engineering to provide needed data and documentation of test conditions and test results.
- Maintain structural test area in a safe, orderly, functional condition.
Additional requirements specific to this position:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and seven years’ engineering experience, preferably in aircraft testing, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Desirable computer skills include MTS Aeropro and MTS Station Manager, Unigraphics/NX, Teamcenter, Microsoft Office suite. Experience using MTS FlexTest hardware, load cells, hydraulic actuators with servo valves, strain gauges and string potentiometers is desired. Shop skills and a willingness to perform hands-on fabrication tasks including cutting, drilling, and welding is desirable.