Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Water Truck Driver- Fort Lauderdale, FL
at Prince Contracting
Job Summary: Drives a light or heavy-duty truck used in hauling materials; the truck may be tandem rear-axle type, single rear-axle type, or a tractor truck pulling a semi-trailer or trailer; may have various types of beds attached, such as dump, flat bed, tank, etc.
- Properly demonstrates safe operating procedures using a checklist and drives trucks at speeds appropriate for gear
- Identifies accurately materials that are being moved
- Properly demonstrates the ability to raise and lower bed, loading and unloading of materials and operation of vehicle
- Properly communicates with crew and other equipment operators regarding movement and placement of truck
- Demonstrates the ability to start, stop and maneuver truck safely on the project
- Safely and efficiently handles material nd delivers with end dump
- Operates equipment at an appropriate speed that results in trench of proper depth and smoothness
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a water pump (water truck only)
- Demonstrates the ability to identify a secure and proper traction ro effective trenching results
- Must be willing and able to perform heavy civil labor work if requested when water truck operation is not needed.
- Must be willing and able to perform heavy civil equipment operator work (if qualified) if requested when water truck operation is not needed.
- Water truck must have a Class A CDL license with two years of experience transporting heavy equipment
- Must possess a clean and safe driving record with a consistent and stable work history
- Must have two years of experience in transporting heavy equipment preferably in a heavy civil highway construction environment
- Must possess an excellent work ethic to include loading, transporting and delivering equipment in a professional, safe, efficient and timely manner
- Must be able to perform frequent lifting, pulling, and pushing, stooping, walking, driving and climbing in Florida weather and for up to ten (10) hours per day five (5) days per week and occasionally six (6) days per week
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- For water truck must have a current DOT physical examination card and a current commercial driver’s license with HAZMAT and tanker endorsements
- Must possess knowledge of all applicable DOT regulations and Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Must maintain a drug free workplace
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.