Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Prince Contracting
Responsible for permanently joining metal parts using high heat application to form a permanent bond. May specialize in one of hundreds of different processes of welding to join metals together.
- Use electrical currents to create heat and bond metals
- Join beams in the construction of bridges, and other structures and to join pipes in underground utilities
- Weld materials such as steel and titanium
- Use a rod and heat to join metals
- Operate welding machine that feeds wire to bond materials
- Use molten metal to join two pieces of metal
- Connect copper plumbing pipes and thinner metals
- Plan work by interpreting blueprints
- Determine welding position and type of metal to be fused
- Select and set up welding equipment
- Ensure welds meet standards and plan specifications
- Load parts correctly and monitor machine constantly
- Use heat from an electric arc to cut and trim metal objects
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees
- Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges
- All work is performed outdoors in all types of weather, including extreme heat. Job requires long hours of standing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, squatting and walking
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, up to 50 pounds
- Manual dexterity to handle and carry construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tool
- Maintain constant awareness of the jobsite’s various concurrent activities, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.