Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Golf Professional-Seasonal-Oct 2019-May 2020
at Quail Ridge
Job Status: Full Time,Seasonal
Job Reference #: 1165457
- 14-Aug-2019 to 31-Oct-2019 (EST)
- Boynton Beach, FL, USA
- Seasonal - Full Time
Seasonal roles available-Oct 2019-May 2020
Asst. Golf Professional- Seasonal
- Assist the Golf Professionals with all aspects of the golf operation including the golf shop, the golf staff, golf instruction and tournament operations. She/he will work closely with the golf staff to provide the highest standards of excellence for member and guest enjoyment.
- Assist and train the counter staff to ensure proper check-in, opening and closing procedures, fee collection and customer service levels are met.
- Create and manage the daily play register using the ForeTees.
- Assist with the ordering, receiving, pricing, display and sales.
- Assist with the coordination of tournaments and special events.
- Assist with group lessons and junior golf programs.
- Manage the USGA handicap system, GHIN, for accurate and timely data.
- Oversee the inventory levels of golf shop supplies.
- Assist members and guests with the interpretation of the golf rules, regulation and policies.
- Execute fundamental club repair services.
- Assist the Director of Golf with annual inventory reporting.
- Perform starter or player assistant duties as needed.
- Promote goodwill and exceptional service to members and guests.
- Promote teamwork, professionalism and camaraderie towards all employees.
- Participate in golf games with members of all skill levels.
- Play in PGA Chapter and Sectional Tournaments'
- Perform other functions as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and/or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience as an Assistant Golf Professional at a recognized golf club recommended.
- Must maintain a membership in good standing with the PGA of America and/or LPGA T&CP.
- Currently enrolled in the PGA PGM program.
- Fundamental knowledge of all facets of the game of golf, including golf operations, golf rules and regulations, golf instruction, tournament management and customer service.
- Positive attitude with a focus on providing outstanding customer service.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated - able to work independently and as a team member to meet objectives.
- Uphold strong personal and professional values.
- Excellent communication and diplomatic skills - effective with members and employees.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge as it relates to product awareness.
- Ability to provide fundamental golf instruction based on consistent principles.
- Possess and maintain a credible golf game by time spent practicing and playing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Publisher, Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
- Knowledge of the Ghin, TPP , Jonas, ForeTees and Flight Scope programs and applications.
- Continuous standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting and bending may be required.
Apply on our website at:
Drug Free Workplace