Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Irrigation Technician- Landscaping
at Quail Ridge
- 21-Aug-2019 to 31-Oct-2019 (EST)
- Boynton Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
Employee performs skilled irrigation functions and manual work necessary to maintain community grounds in the Landscaping department. Maintain the irrigation and sprinkler systems, performing maintenance and upkeep to ensure functioning properly.
- Maintain the proper irrigation in areas assigned for proper functioning sprinkler heads, lines, pumps, motors and timers.
- Maintain the system to assure all sprinkler heads are operating, timers set and calibrated.
- Utilizes various gasoline powered landscaping equipment.
- Maintains exterior and interior landscaping irrigation in accordance with the landscaping plan.
- Removes/picks up trash, debris, and junk from grounds.
- Enforces safety regulations at the work site.
- Adjusts, cleans and performs minor mechanical work on equipment.
- Maintain daily logs.
- May be called in for emergency duties.
- May apply pesticides.
- Trench digging to maintain irrigation lines/pipes/etc.
- Perform any other duties/tasks that is required, assigned, and/or directed by management.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact with all employees and all jobs in landscape maintenance - the mower operation, irrigation, tree operation, fertilizer operation, weed-eater operations, irrigation techs, etc.
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, and push up to 50 pounds.
- Heavy physical exertion required.
- Ability to walk approximately 8-9 hours/day.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate gasoline Cushman and/or golf cart.
Education and experience
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Previous Irrigation experience required.
- Previous Landscape/Laborer experience preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience of sprinkler systems or have the ability to learn.
- Ability to perform heavy physical exertion, requires lifting heavy pump motors; continuous bending; always wet shoes and clothes; heavy trench digging.
Apply on our website at:
Drug Free Workplace