Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
* CEI Project Administrator/Project Engineer *
at Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
- # of Openings
- Job Level
We are currently seeking CEI Project Administrators (PA)/CEI Project Engineers (PE) for our Transportation-Construction Management practice in Florida. This position could be in the Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Marathon, Tallahassee or Panama City areas.
As a CEI PA/PE, you will help manage our team of field inspectors and project administration staff to ultimately ensure the contractor’s on-site construction activities and materials acceptance follows in compliance with plans, specifications, and other contract documents. As well as ensure the job site operations are on schedule, within budget, and to quality standards. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, be a team player, is enthusiastic, motivated, honest, and dependable.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review detailed records of the contractor’s daily operations including manpower, equipment, construction methods, and events that affect the work
- Monitor work zone traffic control plan and identify discrepancies and potential issues
- Monitor the erosion control plan and identify discrepancies and potential issues
- Performs oversight and acceptance of the projects sampling and testing of component materials and completed work
- Is responsible for the accuracy of progress and final estimates
- Verify the dimensions and calculations of prepared and completed work
- Track / measure completed work quantities for payment
- Perform survey checks
- Manage the team of inspectors, coordinate their schedules and oversee their work and records
- Ability to receive direction and effectively execute tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 8+ years inspection or engineering experience with 2+ years in roadway/bridge inspection, or a Civil Engineering Degree and 2+ years of road and bridge construction engineering and inspection experience.
- Proficient in computer software including:
- Microsoft – Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Materials Acceptance Database Software – MAC or equivalent
- Project daily work reporting software – SiteManager
- Project Database for files – LIMS, Project Solve
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Valid Driver's FL License and a good driving record
- Must obtain any required certifications and pass appropriate qualifications tests for the position in specified time frames
- Ability to sit, stand, climb, bend, twist or stoop frequently and for prolonged periods, under various outside conditions
- Ability to reach horizontally as well as vertically for required tasks
- Ability to use construction or inspection safety equipment including fall protection
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and shake up to 20 pounds.
Preferred Certifications / Credentials:
- CTQP Concrete Field Inspector Level II
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level II
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level II
- CTQP Pile Driving Inspection
- CTQP Drilled Shaft Inspection
- CTQP Final Estimates Level I
- CTQP Post Tensioning Technician Level I
- Qualified Grouting Technician Level I
- IMSA Traffic Signal Inspector Level I
- FDOT Advanced or Intermediate MOT
- Florida Stormwater, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Training and Certification for Inspectors and Contractors
- Nuclear Radiation Safety
- Critical Structures
- OSHA 10 Hour
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
While RS&H was founded in 1941, we have been providing construction management services as one of our primary business practices since 1984. RS&H’s Transportation-Construction Management Practice serves numerous state departments of transportation, mobility/transportation authorities, turnpike/toll authorities, rail/port authorities, municipal/county governments, and private clients throughout the United States. Our Construction Engineering and Inspections (CEI) teams as well as our Construction Management teams are industry leading experts who provide a full range of construction engineering, program management, specialized testing, and inspection services from the preconstruction phase through maintenance and operations. By joining our team, you too can provide unique expertise in the full life cycle of transportation delivery, and lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.