City of Riviera Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Riviera Beach
- 04-Oct-2019 (EST)
- Information Services
- Riviera Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
Under general direction, performs duties associated with coordinating the overall development and technical support of the City's Geographic Information System (GIS) on multiple platforms; and performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in geography, geology, urban planning, engineering, computer science or related field.
Experience with GIS application development and configuration using ESRI's suite of solutions
Experience with troubleshooting effective solutions to technical and organizational problems
Experience with performing advanced spatial analysis
Knowledge of SQL database workflows, ArcGIS Online, WebApp Builder, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, Operations Dashboard, StoryMaps, and ESRI mobile applications (Collector, Workforce, and Survey123)
Develops standards for GIS data capture, work process mapping, and creates best practices based on current GIS principles
Experience with performing advanced spatial analysis.
Administrator of the ESRI licensing software and ESRI enterprise advantage program agreements
Recommends and implements change to improve operational efficiencies
Knowledge of GIS software design and
Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
Knowledge of digitizing and editing techniques, operating systems, Microsoft software suite, web design tools, and hardware
Ability to use graphic instructions such as blueprints, layouts or other visual
Ability to read and use zoning maps, quarter-section maps, plat maps, land use maps, single line maps, aerial maps, blueprints and engineering
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and writing.
Knowledge of thematic map creation and accurate cartographic representation principles.
Skill in assigning and monitoring the work of others.
Maintain standard GIS branding and disseminate information to the appropriate target audiences in a user-friendly manner.
Ability to work and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS GeoEvent Server, ArcGIS Portal, Insights, Business Analyst, ModelBuilder, Python, or other programming languages for automation functions.
- Working knowledge of open data portals, ArcGIS Hub, or ArcGIS Sites.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with the public, management, and inter-departmental collaborations.
- Demonstrated experiences with integrating GIS with third-party business systems such as: Tyler, Central Square, CUES GraniteNet, SafetyPad, Active911, GeoTab, etc.
- Stays on the cutting edge of relevant technology by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, attending conferences, and participating in professional organizations.
- GISP credential or ESRI certifications preferred
Must be able to pass a federal background check and become CJIS (Criminal Justice Information Systems) certified
This position requires successful passing of a background check and drug screening. CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION REQUIRED.