Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engine Product Manager
- 19-Sep-2019 to 15-Oct-2019 (EST)
- Satair Group US
- Miami, FL, USA
- Full Time
With more than USD 1.4 bn in revenue, Satair is a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of Airbus SAS and a world leader in sales and distribution of spare parts for aircraft maintenance. We integrate the entire aerospace value chain connecting both ends of the aerospace aftermarket.
Every day our 1,000 employees at 10 offices and locations around the world work hard to build and sustain supplier relationships and to support airlines and MROs in optimizing their spare parts management, maximizing their distribution networks and realizing their business potential. We are devoted to creating innovative and reliable solutions for our business partners, continuously lifting industry standards. What we do is so much more than distribution, support and service. We deliver excellence. We connect people and business partners all over the world.
The ideal candidate must be able to work with an entrepreneurship mind-step by taking ownership of the role, build and maintain relationships with the vendor, and customer and serve as their liaison to Satair and its' internal functions for Used Parts. Engage in new opportunities for purchase and sale of Used Parts on various engine product lines. Act as a subject matter expert in support and guidance on evaluation of engine assets.
- Maintain total budget responsibility for defined engine product lines: 50%
- Work closely with Sales organizations and global product management team to win new business.
- Apply engine product knowledge expertise to buy parts packages, with an aim of selling it over period of time thereby generating revenue and margins to meet set budget targets.
- Develop, analyse and present solutions for short and long term using various reporting tools on a variety of issues including: sales results, forecasting, inventory and related matters.
- Issue reports, conduct status meetings, provide regular status of package reviews, ect. as necessary to keep executives up to date on the state of the business.
- Provide engine asset expertise to support asset acquisition, and support in growth of overall Satair business: 30%
- Provide market intelligence at part number level on commercial aircraft engine product lines and engage extensively with team on evaluation of engine asset.Work with internal team to define product campaigns, pricing and target customers.
- Maintain and develop positive relations with supplier, and customer: 20%
- Maintain contact at all levels with both major suppliers and customers to ensure satisfaction and continues business relationships.
- Attend major MRO, and industry leading Air shows to facilitate growth of business.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training
- Demonstrable commercial skills and business acumen (5 to 7 years of commercial business experience)
- Strong understanding of the Commercial aviation aftermarket Used Parts (5 to 7 years of experience)
- Demonstrable success in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Intermediate/advanced level analytic skills (ability to see big picture)
- Excellent stakeholder and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- A Bachelors degree in Marketing, Engineering or Aerospace or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Proficient utilizing Excel and PowerPoint. Use of SAP or other ERP system a plus.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Able to provide user instructions and notifications in a clear, understandable manner either via messaging or printed documents.
- Able to speak and conduct conversations often for extended periods of time in meetings, negotiations and training.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Intermediate level of expertise with Micro Soft Office.
- 20% -both domestic and international
- Able to travel domestically and internationally sometimes on short notice and sometimes for long periods of time.
Decision Making, Complexity:
- negotiate pricing discounts.
- develop commercial agreements.
- negotiate and resolve disputes downstream/upstream with supplier, and customer
- provide stocking recommendation based on limited market information.
SATAIR USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
As a matter of policy, SATAIR USA, Inc., does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
SATAIR USA, Inc. does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.