Seacoast National Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accounting Financial Analyst
at Seacoast National Bank
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7d6430c7-07f1-42a6-a33e-79c138ebf1ad
- Prepare quarterly regulatory reports, such as the Call Report, FR Y-9C and FR Y-9LP for timely completion of periodic and transactional filings. Coordinate with business lines and accounting teams for timely and accurate deliverables.
- Oversee loan accounting and allowance review
- Analyze and review financial statements and disclosures to ensure appropriate application of GAAP.
- Ability to research technical accounting topics, draft memos outlining the applicability to the Company and communicate impacts to management.
- Oversee financial systems, data quality, and data accessibility to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting.
- Engage with business units to analyze the business drivers behind financial results, and draft relevant content for investor presentations, publications, and SEC and other filings.
- Engage with finance, accounting, and business units in evaluating and accounting for complex issues and transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, stock-based compensation, lending activities, revenue recognition and other financial accounting and reporting matters.
- Develop and implement changes to the accounting processes leveraging the Company’s technology based tools with a focus on enhancing efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintain strong knowledge of accounting rules and emerging issues in assigned areas of expertise. Identify the implications of potential rule changes to the Company’s financial statements and work closely with business units to develop solutions to manage changes in processes and controls.
- Serve as liaison with internal and external auditors and regulators.
- Collaborate on special projects and perform various other tasks and ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Develop and maintain significant accounting policies, ensuring compliance with GAAP and SEC rules and consistency of application across business units.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Licensed CPA
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public accounting (audit background within financial services)
- Previous banking/financial services experience, with strong knowledge of banking products and services and accounting and presentation issues relevant to the industry
- Mastery of GAAP accounting concepts and current accounting and financial reporting practices
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates sound professional judgment using analytical and problem solving skills
- Process improvement oriented with the ability to balance multiple projects
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with Tableau or SAS preferred