Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
*ASST MANAGER - STEWARD
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Food & Beverage - Culinary
- Requisition ID
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale's world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, over 100 tables, 2000 slot machines, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. The property is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion expansion. When the development is complete in mid-2019, Seminole Hard Rock will be home to an iconic guitar hotel tower that will include a Hard Rock Casino, nearly doubling its current size with 3,267 slot machines, 178 table games plus a new 18,000-square-foot poker room. The existing Hard Rock Live arena will be razed in March 2018, and replaced with a state-of-the-art 7,000-seat Hard Rock Live venue in a theater-style configuration. For more information please visit https://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com.
Under the direction of the Executive Steward, is responsible for duties overseeing stewarding team members’ performance and development. Ensures a fresh, positive and exciting environment where safety, flawless delivery and execution of product excellence and service are paramount.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide efficient and effective stewarding services to food production areas as directed, including silver polishing, waste removal, chemical requisitioning and storage, and heavy duty cleaning of kitchen areas in accordance to outlet requirements
- Responsible for ordering and receiving cleaning chemicals and tools for outlet.
- Liaise with the relevant departments for the maintenance of all kitchen equipment
- Ensure the kitchen maintains the standards set by the City and State Health Department codes and Hollywood Hard Rock.
- Review performance of all employees and administer the performance review process, performance management and career development.
- Manage the selection, training and development of all employees to ensure timely recruitment and career growth.
- Oversee staff rosters ensuring that policies and procedures and statutory requirements are adhered to.
- Oversee the best use of resources including labor and co-ordinate daily operational staffing requirements.
- Ensure an open line of communication at all times through briefings and meetings ensuring transfer of product knowledge between front and back of house employees
- Ensure safe handling, maintenance and storage of chemicals at all times.
- Complete all set-up duties in accordance with standard procedures and ensure general cleanliness and tidiness of work area.
- Maintaining equipment and deep cleaning schedule.
- Be versatile in outlet placements.
- Ensure activities comply with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements, legal demands and professional and ethical standards.
- Develop department members’ knowledge and skills through education, training, coaching, corrective counseling, etc.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
- Conduct personal behavior and select, train, coach, counsel, appraise and retain direct reports who consistently perform actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s Mission and Values of Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and Dedication.
- Demonstrate commitment to assisting in the development of Seminole Tribe members participating in the Tribal Career Development program and, when a Seminole Tribe member’s assignment falls within your direct area of responsibility, act as a personal mentor/career advisor to the Tribe Member and submit progress reports and information to the Director of Tribal Development.
- Supervises assigned operation functions within the department.
- Hires, trains, and disciplines steward team members and documents all actions taken.
- Ensures proper scheduling of employees and schedules time off
- Makes routine inspections of all equipment and kitchen areas to ensure that cleanliness and sanitary procedures are maintained and that all equipment is in proper mechanical worker order.
- Ensures all sanitation regulations are followed and the proper maintenance of food, food storage and preparation devices are in compliance with health code standards
- Directs staff in the cleaning and maintenance of dishware, food preparation areas and dining areas.
- Requisitions new and replacement equipment as needed.
- Maintains the inventory and record keeping for all dinnerware, flatware and glassware and orders all china, glass and silverware.
- Works closely with all departments.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels to best manage labor costs while maintaining outstanding guest service.
- Stays abreast of the current trends and practices within area of responsibility and communicates pertinent information to management, peers, direct reports and team members as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required and a minimum of one (1) year experience in a supervisory role in a kitchen environment; handling chemicals and cleaning materials, and maintaining various types of equipment.
- Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor a team.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and resourcing people and products, performance management and controlling labor costs and operating expenses.
- Demonstrated ability in developing productive relationships and managing and driving change.
- Meets internal and external customer needs, communicates expected standards of service.
- Understanding of laws as they relate to the organization, in particular, the Liquor Act, the Responsible Service of Alcohol program, Industrial Relations laws and OH&S laws.
- Material Safety Data Sheets & other chemical knowledge desirable.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish or Creole is preferred.
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).