Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BARTENDER - CASINO SERVICE - OC
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- On Call
- Food & Beverage - Operations
- Requisition ID
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale's world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, over 100 tables, 2000 slot machines, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. The property is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion expansion. When the development is complete in mid-2019, Seminole Hard Rock will be home to an iconic guitar hotel tower that will include a Hard Rock Casino, nearly doubling its current size with 3,267 slot machines, 178 table games plus a new 18,000-square-foot poker room. The existing Hard Rock Live arena will be razed in March 2018, and replaced with a state-of-the-art 7,000-seat Hard Rock Live venue in a theater-style configuration. For more information please visit https://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com.
The Bartender’s duties include, but are not limited to mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to guests and while maintaining the high standard of cleanliness of each bar area according to established policies. They will ensure a positive guest experience and interact and service guests in a cordial and gracious manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares all drinks in accordance with established recipes.
- Serves guests and servers according to established policy.
- Responsible for checks issued to him/her and acts as a cashier in front and service bars, except on casino floor.
- Responsible for the receipt of monies and settlement of guest checks in accordance with all appropriate policies.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Ensure a positive guest experience
- Interact and service guests in a cordial and gracious manner while being able to present a professional experience
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discretely notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required as well as certificate in Mixology.
- Minimum of two (2) years in high volume bartending. T.I.P.S. certification and Sanitation certification is preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills specific to job responsibilities are required, to include ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide specific to position responsibilities.
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).