Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CASHIER - ROOM SERVICE - OC
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- On Call
- Food & Beverage - Operations
- Requisition ID
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale's world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, over 100 tables, 2000 slot machines, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. The property is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion expansion. When the development is complete in mid-2019, Seminole Hard Rock will be home to an iconic guitar hotel tower that will include a Hard Rock Casino, nearly doubling its current size with 3,267 slot machines, 178 table games plus a new 18,000-square-foot poker room. The existing Hard Rock Live arena will be razed in March 2018, and replaced with a state-of-the-art 7,000-seat Hard Rock Live venue in a theater-style configuration. For more information please visit https://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com.
Under the supervision of the Room Service Supervisor, the incumbent takes and records food and beverage orders for in room dining and processes payments for these orders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures.
- Take guest orders for in-room dining and communicate orders to kitchen staff. Courteously answers phone and responds to guest needs in a prompt manner.
- Accurately enter guest checks in the computer system, apply monies received and make accurate change.
- Enter individual menu items into the computer system.
- Verify room charges, processes credit card payments, batches "tip" slips for server gratuities.
- Ensure all amenities are prepared and delivered on a timely basis to the proper room. Perform follow up calls to guests after delivery to ensure he/she is satisfied with service provided.
- Maintain current knowledge of rules, regulations, policies and procedures including precheck and cashiering procedures.
- Accurately count, document and run required financial reports at open and close of each shift.
- Ensure cleanliness and orderliness of working area.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with effective communication, customer assistance, direction, and information provided within company policies and guidelines.
- Follow all service and phone standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required, as well as previous cashiering/money handling experience of at least six (6) months in a fast-paced environment required or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).