Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
COMMISSION AGENT - (Brighton Location)
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Tribe of Florida - Headquarters
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Security and Transportation
- Requisition ID
In addition to its two Seminole Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos, the Seminole Tribe owns and operates the five Seminole Casinos; in Coconut Creek and Hollywood, on the Southeast coast in Immokalee near Naples, on the Brighton Reservation north of Lake Okeechobee, and on the Big Cypress Reservation south of Lake Okeechobee.
The Seminole Tribe has long been recognized for innovation in its gaming and other businesses. It opened the first high-stakes bingo hall and casino in the United States in 1979. That facility was the forerunner of the Indian Gaming movement throughout North America.
Analysts believe today’s Seminole Tribe operates one of the most profitable gaming enterprises in the world. In March 2007, the Seminole Tribe of Florida acquired Hard Rock International, the first transaction of its kind by an Indian tribe. Hard Rock International is one of the most globally recognized music, entertainment, leisure and dining brands. It includes the world’s largest collection of authentic music memorabilia. The deal also includes licensing or franchise agreements for additional restaurants, hotels and Hard Rock Live performance venues.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for overseeing all gaming activities in accordance with applicable State, Federal and Tribal regulations and the protection of the Tribal Assets. The individual observes casino activities and monitors compliance with the internal control standards for the gaming operation to ensure adherence to all policies, procedures and regulations. The individual fingerprints all gaming facility employees and notifies management and supervisors of any suspicious activities and/or irregular circumstances. This position reports to the Commission Manager or designee and is a non-exempt position.
While this position reports to the Seminole Tribal Gaming Commission Headquarters; they may be located at one of the Seminole Gaming properties in Hollywood, Brighton, Immokalee, or Tampa.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Observes casino activities to ensure adherence to all policies, procedures and regulations. Reports any suspicious activities and/or irregular circumstances to the casino management team.
- Monitors compliance with the internal control standards and regulations for the gaming operation.
- Cooperates with casino management and casino security team to ensure customer and employee and safety.
- Fingerprints all gaming facility employees.
- Communicates daily with the casino surveillance unit and/or other operational department heads in order to monitor, identify areas of concern and investigative any suspicious activities and/or irregular circumstances.
- Abides by Commission confidentiality rules and regulations.
- Adheres to all Seminole Tribe of Florida policies and procedures. Adheres to the Rules and Regulations as set by the Seminole Tribal Gaming Commission (STGC) and works within the guidelines of the Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with casino surveillance equipment is required.
- Must have knowledge of the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) regulations and the Seminole Tribal Gaming Ordinance, Tribal Minimal Internal Control Standards (MICS), and other procedures and standards is required.
- Must have the ability to meet standards established in order to obtain the Employee Gaming License is required.
- Must demonstrate the highest degree of integrity, honesty and dependability.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to travel to all Reservations and work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Interest in Seminole Tribe of Florida history, culture and operations.
- Knowledge of the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) regulations and the Seminole Tribal Gaming Ordinance, Tribal Minimal Internal Control Standards(MICS), and other procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of surveillance procedures.
- Knowledge of criminal offenses and the regulations concerning Tribal Gaming.
- Knowledge of First Aid as well as Fire Safety and relevant law enforcement procedures.
- Ability to maintain visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare clear and concise reports.
- Ability to analyze and interpret numerical data.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Must be able to operate computers, cameras, monitors, radios and other surveillance equipment used in the performance of their tasks.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with Tribal Members, employees, vendors, and the general public.
- Ability to serve the STOF public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in accordance with established rules and procedures
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
For a listing of all opportunities at Seminole Gaming, please go to www.gotoworkhappy.com.