Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
COOK - VARIOUS OUTLETS
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek
- Position Type
- Food & Beverage - Culinary
- Requisition ID
Seminole Casino Coconut Creek offers the market's most fully-integrated, energized, stylish and upscale local's casino experience featuring 2,300 Las Vegas style slots and over 65 live table games such as blackjack, baccarat and poker. Under its roof, the casino has the region's most sought-after steakhouse, NYY Steak, Sorrisi Italian Restaurant and the New York-style 1st Street Deli. Guests can entertain with live music and listen to tunes from the region's top DJs at Legends Lounge, Nectar and Sunset Grill. The Pavilion, a 1,200-seat capacity entertainment venue, has been a home to acts like Tony Orlando, Frank Sinatra Jr., Joan Collins and many more. Open 24/7,
365 days a year, Seminole Casino Coconut Creek is located at the corner of U.S. 441 (State Road 7) and Sample Road at 5550 NW 40 Street in Coconut Creek, Fla. For more information, call 954.977.6700; visit us online at CasinoCoco.com<http://CasinoCoco.com><http://seminolecoconutcreekcasino.com/> or facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek<http://facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek><https://www.facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek> or follow us on Instagram
/> and Twitter @SemCasinoCoCo<http://twitter.com/#!/semcasinococo>
OUR COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
We don't have customers, we have Guests. Each visitor is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home. You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who visits one of our properties. Unparalleled Service isn't just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it's a commitment to each and every one of our current and future Guests.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Seminole Casino Coconut Creek policies, practices and procedures, as well as within the framework and intent of the Seminole Casino Coconut Creek.
Essential Job Functions:
May include but are not limited to:
- Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
- Prepares food that are to be grilled, fried, broiled, or prepared in the pantry; ensures that all plates served are aesthetically appealing and cooked to the specifications of the customer.
- Recognizes a variety of sauces and properly places them on all entrees featured on daily menus.
- Keeps work station neat and clean.
- Assists coworkers to ensure efficient operation of the line.
- This position operates in a working environment that is subjected to varying levels of heat and noise.
- At times subjected to hazards such as wet floors and dangers associated with the use of heavy duty cutlery, knives, and choppers.
- Ability to use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to choppers, slicers, mixers, and grinders.
- Ability to review and comprehend recipes and other necessary documentation.
- Ability to determine if food items are cooked to proper specifications.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively move around work area.
- Ability to stock and retrieve all necessary food items and supplies.
- Ability to lift, carry, and push/pull up to 50 pounds so as to be able to move and stock all necessary supplies.
- Ability to communicate with customers and all levels of employees.
- Must be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- Equipment and machines used, but not limited to, are standard kitchen machines such as slicers, choppers, mixers, grinders, etc.
- Create and ensure a fun-filled, entertaining and exciting environment with the five F’s - Fast, Fun, Friendly, Fresh and Focused
- Treat Guests with a sense of caring and individuality while effectively identifying their specific needs
- Inform Supervisor of Guest needs which may require special accommodations
- Show special recognition of frequent Guests
- Maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for Guests at all times
- Consistently welcome Guests, thank them for their patronage, seek ways to make them comfortable and express the desire to have them return
- Present a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance at all times
- Maintain constant awareness of services, promotions, and events offered at the facility and inform Guests
- Handle Team Member and Guest concerns/dissatisfaction and disputes timely and professionally to the Team Member/Guest satisfaction, while maintaining financial responsibility
- Promote positive public relations and create an enjoyable atmosphere for all
- Inspect and ensure a clean, safe working environment, notify appropriate departments to handle deficient situations
- Maintain a professional and positive relationship with vendors, Guests and co-workers
- Create a work environment that is safe, professional, friendly and conducive to a high level of morale, productivity and performance
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discretely notifying appropriate management of concerns
- Ensure prompt and discrete notification to management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A culinary apprenticeship or an AOS degree from a culinary institution is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience. Must possess a knowledge of sanitation and quality food preparation techniques.
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factorsincluding, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).