Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- Food & Beverage - Culinary
- Requisition ID
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale's world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, over 100 tables, 2000 slot machines, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. The property is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion expansion. When the development is complete in mid-2019, Seminole Hard Rock will be home to an iconic guitar hotel tower that will include a Hard Rock Casino, nearly doubling its current size with 3,267 slot machines, 178 table games plus a new 18,000-square-foot poker room. The existing Hard Rock Live arena will be razed in March 2018, and replaced with a state-of-the-art 7,000-seat Hard Rock Live venue in a theater-style configuration. For more information please visit https://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com.
Under the direction of the Stewarding Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the food preparation area. Properly cleans and sanitizes all dishes, glassware, utensils and pots.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the food preparation area.
- Properly clean and sanitize all restaurants and bar equipment, including dishes, glassware, utensils and pots. Restocks same as necessary.
- Operate dish machines to company and manufacturer specifications. Break down, clean and sanitize the dish machine at the end of shift.
- Use proper measurements of detergent and sanitizer in the dish machine.
- Clean and maintain floors throughout kitchen area and other areas as needed.
- Ensure inventory of stewarding items are orderly and storage areas are clean and organized.
- Adhere to all Food and Beverage Department regulations and procedures. Ensure compliance with all government regulations and sanitation guidelines.
- Ensure equipment is maintained properly and report any problems to appropriate staff.
- Remove all garbage.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate managers of concerns and observations.
- Demonstrate actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s Mission and Values of Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and Dedication.
- Ensure prompt and discreet notification to managers and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations.
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional demeanor.
- Ability to interact with a diverse team of individuals.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent and related experience are preferred. Knowledge of basic kitchen sanitary guidelines and basic dish machine operations preferred.
May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
Criminal Background Check
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).