Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
*IT SERVICE TECH I - FT - OVERNIGHT
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Information Technology
- Requisition ID
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale's world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, over 100 tables, 2000 slot machines, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. The property is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion expansion. When the development is complete in mid-2019, Seminole Hard Rock will be home to an iconic guitar hotel tower that will include a Hard Rock Casino, nearly doubling its current size with 3,267 slot machines, 178 table games plus a new 18,000-square-foot poker room. The existing Hard Rock Live arena will be razed in March 2018, and replaced with a state-of-the-art 7,000-seat Hard Rock Live venue in a theater-style configuration. For more information please visit https://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com.
Under the direction of the IT Service Technician Manager, incumbent is responsible for the diagnosis, installation, repair and preventive maintenance of PC’s hardware and software related issues., duties include, but not limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures.
- Install, troubleshoot and optimize user desktops and laptops, including: Hardware and Software issues.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues and install/re-install cable as necessary.
- Provide basic network administration support including user account maintenance, password management.
- Provide assistance with the rollout of system hardware and software upgrades and patches as those requirements arise.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Collaborate with the Business Analyst, System and Network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Assist in ensuring that customer requests via the ticketing system are managed to closure.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area as directed.
- Perform administrative tasks as may be required by local and corporate policy.
- Manage replacement spares through RMA programs to insure maximum hardware availability and minimum down time related to maintenance issues.
- Perform a variety of tasks as required by sister properties.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
- Demonstrate actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s Mission and Values of Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and Dedication.
- Ensure prompt and discreet notification to management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. An Associate’s Degree in a computer-related discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in computer hardware support and maintenance required.
- Equivalent technical training and certification may be considered.
- Must possess or acquire A+ certification in the first 12 months of employment.
- Experience with Ghost Imaging, Iseries, and Blackberry devices is a plus.
- Experience and training with PC and peripheral care and maintenance.
- Technical knowledge of XP/2003/Windows7/ 2008 environments (Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting) required.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and current protocols TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP and DNS required.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience with troubleshooting Office 2003/2007 software and experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting network and desktop printers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).