Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
*MAINTENANCE WORKER I - RM TM
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Requisition ID
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale's world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, over 100 tables, 2000 slot machines, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. The property is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion expansion. When the development is complete in mid-2019, Seminole Hard Rock will be home to an iconic guitar hotel tower that will include a Hard Rock Casino, nearly doubling its current size with 3,267 slot machines, 178 table games plus a new 18,000-square-foot poker room. The existing Hard Rock Live arena will be razed in March 2018, and replaced with a state-of-the-art 7,000-seat Hard Rock Live venue in a theater-style configuration. For more information please visit https://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com.
Under the direction of the Room Maintenance Team Leader the incumbent; Guest room preventive maintenance and suite care.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must adhere to the Seminole Tribe's Policies and Procedures.
- Performs all preventive maintenance in guest rooms and maintains applicable log books.
- Repairs to room plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting, carpets, fixtures, case goods and general cleans.
- Responsible for total suite care in a 500 room property.
- General maintenance, painting, plumbing, minor electrical repairs, and deep cleaning.
- Maintains technical logs and records all relevant data as appropriate.
- Knowledge of Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino’s policies, procedures and schedules to insure minimal interruption to business operations and to prioritize projects appropriately.
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Performs all other related and compatible/non-compatible duties as assigned.
High school diploma or technical certificate as well as a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience with commercial/industrial plumbing or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to work in high and low/precarious places, be near fiberglass insulation and under sinks and cabinets.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must possess excellent hand/eye coordination as well as close vision.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).