Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE II (Seminole Tribe Only)
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Requisition ID
Seminole Casino Coconut Creek offers the market's most fully-integrated, energized, stylish and upscale local's casino experience featuring 2,300 Las Vegas style slots and over 65 live table games such as blackjack, baccarat and poker. Under its roof, the casino has the region's most sought-after steakhouse, NYY Steak, Sorrisi Italian Restaurant and the New York-style 1st Street Deli. Guests can entertain with live music and listen to tunes from the region's top DJs at Legends Lounge, Nectar and Sunset Grill. The Pavilion, a 1,200-seat capacity entertainment venue, has been a home to acts like Tony Orlando, Frank Sinatra Jr., Joan Collins and many more. Open 24/7,
365 days a year, Seminole Casino Coconut Creek is located at the corner of U.S. 441 (State Road 7) and Sample Road at 5550 NW 40 Street in Coconut Creek, Fla. For more information, call 954.977.6700; visit us online at CasinoCoco.com<http://CasinoCoco.com><http://seminolecoconutcreekcasino.com/> or facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek<http://facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek><https://www.facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek> or follow us on Instagram
/> and Twitter @SemCasinoCoCo<http://twitter.com/#!/semcasinococo>
OUR COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
We don't have customers, we have Guests. Each visitor is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home. You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who visits one of our properties. Unparalleled Service isn't just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it's a commitment to each and every one of our current and future Guests.
The Tribal Career Development - Managerment Trainee II position will prepare members of the Seminole Tribe of Florida for a career within Seminole Gaming and the hospitality industry. The Trainee II position is an intensive, advanced one year program open to the tribal members who have successfully completed Management Trainee I. The participant becomes immersed in the business of Casino and Hotel operations.
The participant for each area of specialization will be working in the functional area and complete and assignment under the guidance of the manager, to solve a problem or improve the operation within that area. Placement will be at any of the following six locations convenient for the individual: Seminole Casino Brighton, Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, Seminole Casino Hollywood (Classic), Seminole Casino Immokalee, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino - Hollywood, or Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino - Tampa. However, certain training portions can only be completed at the Tampa or Hollywood Hotel and Casino and the individual will be required to complete a portion of their training at one of those locations.
1. Enrolled Member of the Seminole Tribe of Florida
2. Must complete Management Trainee - I with the approval of the Director of the Tribal
Career Development Program
3. 18 years of age or older
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).