Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
*MANAGER - ITALIAN RESTAURANT
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- Food & Beverage - Operations
- Requisition ID
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale's world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, over 100 tables, 2000 slot machines, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. The property is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion expansion. When the development is complete in mid-2019, Seminole Hard Rock will be home to an iconic guitar hotel tower that will include a Hard Rock Casino, nearly doubling its current size with 3,267 slot machines, 178 table games plus a new 18,000-square-foot poker room. The existing Hard Rock Live arena will be razed in March 2018, and replaced with a state-of-the-art 7,000-seat Hard Rock Live venue in a theater-style configuration. For more information please visit https://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com
Under the direction of the Assistant General Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the operation of the venue, ensuring the utmost level of guest service & team member performance, and development of innovative service enhancements. Duties include but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
May include but are not limited to:
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discretely notifying appropriate management of concerns and
- Demonstrate actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s Mission and Values of Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and
- Ensure prompt and discrete notification to management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics
- Identify and define business needs and implement solutions which result in beneficial changes in the operation of the restaurant, improvement in the restaurants impact or interaction with customers,
Improvement in the restaurant’s ability to reduce or contain costs or generate revenue.
- Work in conjunction with the chef and direct the development and administration of controls for all phases of the restaurant in an economical and profitable manner while maintaining established standards.
- Spearhead menu item changes based on product mix reviews and guest feedback and
- Develop drink, wine, and specialty menus in conjunction with chef in an effort to remain on the cutting edge of industry trends and
- Ensure that the restaurant supports the casino by providing outstanding service to VIP guests in the restaurant and during special
- Institute cost control procedures, inventories, and standards of performance. Review purchase orders and inventory levels as
- Proficient in the budgetary process in regards to analyzing data to forecast future fiscal
- Provide project leadership and project management as
- Act immediately on all guest complaints to ensure that a correction is made wherever
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to ensuring responsible alcohol service through careful observation of alcohol service and through policies, procedures, regular communications and on- going training to all team members on responsible alcohol service and
- Conduct personal behavior and select, train, coach, counsel, appraise and retain direct reports who consistently perform actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s Mission and Values of Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and
- Protect, promote and perpetuate the Company’s brand through policies, procedures, actions, and
- Participate in the success of the Tribal Career Development program and personal mentorship of Seminole Tribe members to encourage their development and prepare them for property leadership roles
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Degree in Hospitality, Business or related field required and a minimum of two (2) year experience as a high end Restaurant Manager or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality profession required. Must have experience in supervising professional hospitality teams. . Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).