Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
*SEMINOLE HARD ROCK INTERNSHIP - PUBLIC RELATIONS
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Requisition ID
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale's world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, over 100 tables, 2000 slot machines, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. The property is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion expansion. When the development is complete in mid-2019, Seminole Hard Rock will be home to an iconic guitar hotel tower that will include a Hard Rock Casino, nearly doubling its current size with 3,267 slot machines, 178 table games plus a new 18,000-square-foot poker room. The existing Hard Rock Live arena will be razed in March 2018, and replaced with a state-of-the-art 7,000-seat Hard Rock Live venue in a theater-style configuration. For more information please visit https://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com.
Under the direction of the Director of Public Relations, the individual is responsible for supporting public relations initiatives to increase guest acquisition and visitation, elevate customer engagement, secure positive media exposure in local, national and trade media and enhance the image of Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, Fla. Initiatives include, but are not limited to, assisting with the coordination of media tours, support at on-site and off-site promotional events, assistance with photoshoots, support the PR teams’ publicity efforts for hotel, entertainment, gaming, dining, spa, nightlife, lifestyle and limited retail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures
- Track media coverage and maintain organization of photo/video archives
- Follow-up with external agencies as directed by department Director, Manager or Coordinator
- Draft and proofread copy for a multitude of end uses including web, social media, internal and external communications
- Assist with organization of press conferences, red carpets, celebrity meet and greets, and other high-profile events
- Assist in hosting and escorting media on property for press events including media dinners, photoshoots, news productions, red carpets, and more
- Assist in the coordination of on-property photo and video shoots by obtaining necessary in-house approvals, talent, props, release forms, and other in-house requirements including security, housekeeping, food and beverage, facilities, etc.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of press kits and collateral materials, including but not limited to press releases, corporate bios, fact sheets and award submissions
- Contribute ideas for media outreach and pitch efforts to promote visibility and understanding of represented brands
- Maintain effective working relationships with all operating departments
- Promote positive public relations at all times and exhibit the highest levels of guest service.
- Display a proactive and “above and beyond” approach to guest service
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discretely notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations
- Demonstrate actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s Mission and Values of Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and Dedication
- Ensure prompt and discrete notification to management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations
- Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Currently a Junior or higher pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related major from an accredited college/university.
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and accommodate flexible scheduling.
- Written communication skills: experience with copy editing, proofreading and fact checking
- Proficient in AP Style
- Oral communication skills: speaks clearly and effectively communicates ideas; ability to engage others; active listener
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively, and change course if necessary, to achieve desired results
- People skills: friendly disposition and understands discretion
- High attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet short-notice deadlines
- Ability to work within brand guidelines and approval process
- Working knowledge/relationships of local and regional media
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word
- Working knowledge of major social media platforms including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Expressed or proven interest in public relations efforts aligned with school, non-profit or other organizational activities
- Flexibility with scheduling: may be required to work long hours, evenings, weekends and holidays
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).