Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUPERVISOR - SLOT TECHNICIAN
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Requisition ID
Seminole Casino Coconut Creek offers the market's most fully-integrated, energized, stylish and upscale local's casino experience featuring 2,300 Las Vegas style slots and over 65 live table games such as blackjack, baccarat and poker. Under its roof, the casino has the region's most sought-after steakhouse, NYY Steak, Sorrisi Italian Restaurant and the New York-style 1st Street Deli. Guests can entertain with live music and listen to tunes from the region's top DJs at Legends Lounge, Nectar and Sunset Grill. The Pavilion, a 1,200-seat capacity entertainment venue, has been a home to acts like Tony Orlando, Frank Sinatra Jr., Joan Collins and many more. Open 24/7,
365 days a year, Seminole Casino Coconut Creek is located at the corner of U.S. 441 (State Road 7) and Sample Road at 5550 NW 40 Street in Coconut Creek, Fla. For more information, call 954.977.6700; visit us online at CasinoCoco.com<http://CasinoCoco.com><http://seminolecoconutcreekcasino.com/> or facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek<http://facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek><https://www.facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek> or follow us on Instagram
/> and Twitter @SemCasinoCoCo<http://twitter.com/#!/semcasinococo>
Our Commitment to Service:
We don't have customers, we have Guests. Each visitor is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home. You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who visits one of our properties. Unparalleled Service isn't just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it's a commitment to each and every one of our current and future Guests.
The Slot Technical Supervisor plans, organizes, and directs the installations, unscheduled maintenance, and special projects on all slot machines and related equipment. The Slot Technical Supervisor performs and supervises Slot Technicians performing all of the “Essential Functions/Duties” listed below.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, organizes and directs the installation, optioning, diagnostic, testing, and bill testing of all slot machines and related equipment in accordance with the manufactures Service & Operations Manual and department policies and procedures.
- Supervises the Slot Technicians in performing fault analysis, fault isolation, and repair of failures in the slot machine and related equipment.
- Assist Technical Manager with reviews, policy and procedure creation and or revision within the slot department that support the organization's initiatives and enables department to operate in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
- Assist in the management of staffing to include, interviewing, hiring, training, and development of all slot departments personal.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Conducts themselves in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, and Seminole Tribe of Florida/departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, resolving problems, developing positive employee morale.
- Candidate must have strong electro-mechanical skills and also be familiar with gaming machine repair and maintenance.
- Technically proficient in the operation and repair of gaming machines hardware and software.
- Candidate must display a constant commitment to excellence regardless of the task or responsibility.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience preferably in a Class III Gaming Environment with two (2) years of supervisory responsibilities over technical training; or an equivalent combination of education and/or education.
- Ability to read and understand all Seminole Tribe of Florida policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to complete standard Seminole Tribe of Florida forms and reports.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports and related documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and employees.
- Ability to effectively write and present detailed status reports for executive management.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills to include ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide specific to position responsibilities.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios in order to prepare budgets, assess financial performance and to design cost-effective solutions.
- Candidate needs a strong understanding of MS Office Suite to include; Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook.
- Must apply for, obtain and remain eligible for the appropriate Seminole Tribal Gaming License.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; use hands, reach with hands and arms, frequently lift up to 50 pounds, talk and hear. Also required are frequent, standing, walking, stooping, bending, reaching, climbing steps and sitting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision.
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).