Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
*VIP AGENT - FRONT DESK - FT
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Hotel Operations
- Requisition ID
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale's world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, over 100 tables, 2000 slot machines, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. The property is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion expansion. When the development is complete in mid-2019, Seminole Hard Rock will be home to an iconic guitar hotel tower that will include a Hard Rock Casino, nearly doubling its current size with 3,267 slot machines, 178 table games plus a new 18,000-square-foot poker room. The existing Hard Rock Live arena will be razed in March 2018, and replaced with a state-of-the-art 7,000-seat Hard Rock Live venue in a theater-style configuration. For more information please visit https://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com.
Under the direction of the Manager – VIP Services, the individual offers exceptional personalized service to guests in our high end areas. Provides a number of services, including concierge services and caters to a wide variety of requests from guests.
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivers and maintains a maximum level of service.
- Contributes to company-wide communication and best practices.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department.
- Balances multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Assigns guest accommodations in accordance with current procedures.
- Creates envelopes and Guest Keys ; Other duties may apply when requested via host
- Maintains open communication with VIP Services Agents and Managers to ensure our guest experience is seamless.
- Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper preregistration, pre-approved Butler list credit, applying comps check-cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Checks out any vacant and clean (due out) rooms and changes statuses of rooms in the rack.
- Runs alert date reports.
- Reviews out-of-order and off-market rooms on a daily basis for validity.
- Answers incoming phone calls and responding to guest requests.
- Offers bell assistance to each guest upon arrival and departure and runs applicable reports to verify correct room rates.
- Handles assigned bank properly and performs account postings.
- Maintains knowledge of hotel occupancy status, special events, in-house groups and other situations affecting the reception desk's daily operation.
- Accepts same day and advance reservations as required.
- Processes guest accounts upon check-out in an efficient and accurate manor.
- Coordinates with In Room Dining team members to make sure the Coffee, Tea and Snack Credenza is stocked and maintained. Serves our guests in a timely manner should they want a beverage or snack.
- Ensures Lounge Space and Front desk Area are maintained.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. A minimum of 3 or more years’ front desk experience in a high end/luxury hotel required or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must possess strong mathematical skills specific to position responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).