Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Overview & Responsibilities
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a full time opening for an Embalmer at Riverside Gordon Memorial Chapel in Tamarac, FL. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Performs all activities required to correctly and respectfully embalm a deceased loved one.
Embalming and Associated Services
- Cares for deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which include:
- Verifying identification and embalming authorization
- Performing restorations
- Completing removals and transfers
- Dressing, styling hair and/or applying cosmetics.
- Any other preparation required for human remains
- Adheres to all applicable professional, municipal, state/provincial and federal licensing authority regulations
- Promotes a safe work environment be being aware of and practicing universal precautions and adopting general principles of safe conduct
- Assists with maintenance of preparation room and the facility
- Cleans soiled equipment and hazardous material spills
- Ensures hazardous materials and spills are handled in accordance with the Material Data Safety Sheets
- Assists with chemical and supply inventory
- Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduation from accredited mortuary college or other degree as required by state /province law
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Embalmer, Apprentice in a 200-call minimum/year funeral firm embalming facility.
- Must meet all licensing requirement in applicable state/province as required by law as prescribed by each state board.
- Valid state or province issued driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V