Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President, Rent-A-Truck Division
- Job ID
- Welta Torres
Who we are:
Sixt Rent a Car stands for exciting mobility and customer tailored solutions. We lead with innovation, high-quality customer service, premium products and a seamless rental experience. With over $3 billion in global revenue and a presence in over 100 countries worldwide, it is no wonder we are a global leader in the mobility-industry. In the USA, we are experiencing over 30% growth for the last several years, which provides great career opportunities in the future for the right candidates.
Sixt hires with a focus on service-oriented, entrepreneurial team players, who are excited about interacting with customers and colleagues from all over the world. Sixt is more than just renting cars. We have a passion for style, technology, innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
What to expect:
The Vice President, Rent-A-Truck is responsible for the development and implementation of our NEW truck rental business. As a senior leader, you will be involved in major strategic decisions and be directly responsible for developing and growing revenue through our truck rental channels in the US, including introducing new and innovative products in the marketplace.
The selected candidate will quickly master the nuances of Sixt Rent A Car, LLC’s strategic imperatives and business operations as well as the challenges and opportunities in the sector. This person must have sound business sense and be equally adept at marketplace assessments, developing business case and plans of action. Superior judgment, three-dimensional analytical abilities, a collegial approach to problem-solving, and a polished, diplomatic presentation style are all critical to this role.
What you'll do to be Sixt-cessful:
- Responsible for all aspects of our Rent-A-Truck business strategy including development, management, analytics, marketing, sales and branch operations
- Handle real estate transactions including negotiation of lease contracts
- Develop and negotiate local, regional and national vendor partnerships
- Prepare business plans/presentations and establishing new Rent-A-Truck location(s)
- Support negotiations of business and financial transactions and review related contracts
- Responsible for reporting, billing, and analyzing financial statements
- Ensure proper cost control and compliance of business vendors
- Plan and organize insightful ways to drive initiatives and problem solve
- Confirm accurate fleet, marketing, and staff planning
- Actively participate in the training, coaching, and mentoring of the staff.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in business development, automotive or in a similar role
- Minimum 5 years senior level management experience including building a team
- Requires an average of 40% travel, some of which may be by airplane
- Must have team-based project management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced service environment
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize
- Experience managing P&L
- Experience with KPI driven decision making
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must have strong communication skills in the English language.