Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Catering Sales Manager- Shore Club
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants and nightlife, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The ideal candidate has previous hotel and sales experience. Role will have major focus on prospecting and securing new business. The position is also responsible for the servicing and coordination of all social catering inquiries and/or business relative to catering events. Accountable for communication and implementation of menus, guests experience and interdepartmental relations within the hotel to ensure that complete guest satisfaction is achieved while achieving financial goals presented by hotel and restaurant tenant. The position will be held accountable for quarterly sales goals.
DIRECT: Director of Special Events
PREFERED KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven sales track record
- Creative and innovative sales spirit is a plus!
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal relations with guests, employees and the general public.
- Well organized and demonstrated strong problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or eighteen months as a Catering Manager, or equivalent industry experience.
- 2 years of Delphi/Daylight software experience is preferred.
- Well versed in prospecting, menu planning, food knowledge, contract negotiating, business planning and execution.
- Guest satisfaction awareness.
- Must have high organization, supervisory and managerial skills.
- Ability to portray a professional image, sharp and positive at all times.
- Must possess exceptional customer service and a high sense of urgency.
- Candidate should be extremely detail oriented, organized and be able to handle a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility in work schedule.
TASKS / RESPONSIBILTIES
- Meet with possible customers to show property for the purpose of a banquet or a conference.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner and describe the property for any desired event, as well as inform them of booking procedures.
- Within established parameters, quote and negotiate catering prices with customer representatives confirming by letter and drawing up contracts.
- Draft and sign banquet event orders for the hotel and obtain customers signatures to close the transactions and service details.
- Establish credit with clients and follow standard billing procedures.
- Maintain a well detailed file of all events.
- Attend BEO and departmental meetings that will further enhance our service standards.
- As directed, participate in trade shows, conventions and promotional events within the hotel, the industry and customers organization.
- Participate in designated training programs.
- Achieve established catering services goals and revenues as outlined.
- Work well in teams, which means at times perform other duties as requested
The hospitality business functions seven days a week. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with sbe rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the facilities. Employees who violate restaurant rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
This document reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in the light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the jobholder and the job description amended accordingly.
Job Type: Full-time