Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pastry Cook / Fi'lia Restaurant- SLS Brickell Hotel
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants and nightlife, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To maintain the pastry department’s standards, systems, and operational procedures to ensure quality, consistency and integrity of the products according to specifications. Build and maintain professional relationships with kitchen/hotel management and line staff.
- Assists Pastry Chef in supervising and motivating the pastry team.
- Upholds the kitchen’s systems in place and develops new operational systems as needed with the Pastry Chef’s approval.
- Train new hires and current team members on their duties for assigned stations.
- Assists Pastry Chef with the professional development of each team member.
- Responsible for checking all IRD amenity orders on a daily basis and ensuring they are completed correctly and on time.
- Responsible for printing all communication sheets, station check lists, and inventory sheets for the pastry team.
- Responsible for checking out each pastry team member at the end of their scheduled shift and following up on freezer and cooler organization.
- Keeps recipe book complete and updated.
- Enforces recipe adherence.
- Enforces sanitation and organization standards.
- Works with Pastry Chef to create accurate inventory pars to ensure product availability for production and to eliminate waste.
- Responsible for inventory taking for ordering purposes and for weekly inventory counts. Given to Pastry Chef for review.