Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Room Attendant - Hyde Midtown, Miami
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants and nightlife, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of the Housekeeping Manager, assist in ensuring the highest standard of cleanliness of the guest rooms and associated areas to a clean, neat and well maintained. Ensure all of our guests receive high quality, personalized service, an Engaging, Dynamic Guest Experience.
Duties & Functions:
- Clean and service bedrooms, bathrooms and associated areas to the standard of cleanliness required by the hotel
- Re-sheet all rooms daily with clean linen, ensuring creases are removed, dust all furniture, fully clean bathrooms, replenish all guest supplies and stationary, vacuum all rooms thoroughly
- Record all serviced rooms on worksheet, report and record any rooms that cannot be serviced
- Ensure that all VIP gifts are replenished daily
- Assist Housekeepers in ensuring that guest room flowers and plants are watered and replenished
- Dispose of all rubbish and dirty linen safely and correctly
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in a serviceable condition and report faults immediately
- Create and maintain a personal respectful rapport with all guests, deal with their requirements and inquiries
- Handle guest complaints promptly and with thorough follow up, referring to others when necessary
- Follow key signing procedures and take responsibility for assigned keys
- Hand in all lost property immediately and follow hotel lost and found procedure
- Assist in stock and special cleaning projects as required
- All guest property is handled in an efficient and correct manner
- Report any damage to bedding, curtains, blinds and soft furnishings to the Floor Supervisor
- Report any room that does not require service, “Do Not Disturb” or double locked to Floor Supervisor
- Report any shortage of linen, supplies or equipment to the Floor Supervisor
- Comply with Health and Safety hazards and report these at once
- Assist fellow employees to perform similar or related jobs as and when necessary
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of sbe are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with sbe’s policies and procedures.
Assimilate into sbe’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all sbe elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by sbe from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.