Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sushi Server/Umi- Delano
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe. Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of the Food and Beverage Managers and Supervisor, assist in ensuring all duties and responsibilities for the set-up and serving of food and beverages to guest tables according to hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. Collect payments. Assist in the maintenance of the Restaurant area and equipment.
Duties & Functions:
- Previous experience in Japanese restaurant as a server
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest and resident relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of The Restaurant, all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the restaurant, the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list, all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
- O.S. and manual systems.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain up to date and accurate knowledge of all Food and Beverage
- Provide a genuine warm and caring service to guests
- Complete opening side duties as assigned:
- Check quality and amount of all restaurant stock and supplies using checklist.
- Fold napkins.
- Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to Restaurant.
- Set tables.
- Set up all condiments (butter, jellies, syrups, juices) and beverages (non-alcoholic).
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service.
- Prepare all cold food items (cereals, fruits and salads).
- Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Set up side station with supplies and equipment.
- Organize assigned station and ensure readiness prior to guest arrival.
- Review reserved tables and names of such; follow up on special arrangements for pre-assigned tables
- Review daily specials and maintain awareness of 86'd items throughout the shift.
- Maintain good communication with all team members and guests
- Perform all other duties as requested
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel